ALGAE EATER for plant tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALGAE EATER for plant tanks

I just trimmed and did regular WC. Here is the current status. Decrease in hair algae noticed.  :)

100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
    30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Those are better quality photos! Good job. I'm glad to hear that you hair algae is decreasing.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Hmm, did I miss it? What did you end up doing to combat the hair algae?

Looks good, though!
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Routine maintenance is what it sounds like.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

plus, i found out that amano shrimp and nerite snail helped alot. The BN and Oto cats just stick on the fern leaves.
            100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
            30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              Flag fish are mean buggers...will nip other docile fish and eat shrimp.

SAE on occasion eat black beard algae but most are lazy, get big, eat moss and are often mislabelled in the hobby or confused with CAE's

Ocats are probably the best choice but they don't eat hair algae like the flag fish will.

Up the nerites and add some ocats.....the main thing is to accomplish a balance in the tank.
              +1
              Oto cats are great for that fine film that likes to put itself on the leaves of your plants, but the oto cat won't damage the plant itself.

Comment

Working...
              X