Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwarf Hairgrass Turning Yellow/Brownish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf Hairgrass Turning Yellow/Brownish?

My tank is 1 week old. Just started cycling it with ammonia. I add maybe 3-4 ml into my 20 G tank. I am using 2 13W 6500k light. Substrate is eco complete. Can anyone please tell me what is causing the DHG to turn yelow/brownish?

Is it because of the lack of light? Too much ammonia?

Last edited by YellowOnYellow; 06-16-2013, 06:09 PM.

Lack of light, lack of nutrients, You need at least 3w a gollon to grow hairgrass and need to use either co2 or excel. Dhg isn't a good starter plant, they tend to be alittle high maintenance

Comment

DHG can be grown in low light no co2 and look decent. Your DHG is probably still adjusting to your tank. You'd definitely want more than 26w. What type of light is it? 26w of t12 is definitely not enough.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
        Lack of light, lack of nutrients, You need at least 3w a gollon to grow hairgrass and need to use either co2 or excel. Dhg isn't a good starter plant, they tend to be alittle high maintenance
        Not good. It was all fine on Friday but when I came back today it was like that.

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
        DHG can be grown in low light no co2 and look decent. Your DHG is probably still adjusting to your tank. You'd definitely want more than 26w. What type of light is it? 26w of t12 is definitely not enough.

I am using the clamp lights with with 2 cfl bulbs. Let's hope you are right.

I put a bit more ammonia into the tank since I was going out of town to keep it cycling it. Maybe I "burned" it.

Comment

My glosso looks like that right now. It was lush and green when I picked it up. Planted it in my tank and now it's melting (turning brown and yellow). It's recovering now after a few days.

Comment

Working...
          X