Co2 reactor/doser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 reactor/doser?

I'd like more input on what you guys are using to incorporate CO2 on your planted tank.I have a 180g RR (was reeftank) that i converted to planted tank.Sump gone,now i'm using 2 Eheim Pro 3 2080.I'm specifically looking for inline co2 reactor.Thanks.

If you want a reactor, the Rex Griggs DIY build is said to be one of the best. n plenty of youtube videos on the build itself, installation, and lots of reviews on it.

If you don't want a reactor, and would prefer a inline diffuser, I really like the GLA (Green Leaf Aquarium) inline diffuser. It looks identical to the Up-Aqua one, but the diffusion of the co2 bubbles is much smaller in size, allowing total dispersion without the micro bubbles in your tank.

It really depends on what you would prefer. A reactor, or diffuser.
    ~ Katie Brueggen

Comment

Originally posted by kv9tb View Post
      If you want a reactor, the Rex Griggs DIY build is said to be one of the best. n plenty of youtube videos on the build itself, installation, and lots of reviews on it.

If you don't want a reactor, and would prefer a inline diffuser, I really like the GLA (Green Leaf Aquarium) inline diffuser. It looks identical to the Up-Aqua one, but the diffusion of the co2 bubbles is much smaller in size, allowing total dispersion without the micro bubbles in your tank.

It really depends on what you would prefer. A reactor, or diffuser.
      Thank you.
      What about this:
      Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ISTA I-539 Inline Co2 External Reactor at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Or this:

Anybody using this one?Any comment/s on these.Thanks.

Comment

I have not tried the ISTA, so I cannot comment on it. I do know that some people have had issues with them, but I cannot speak of the quality, or the bubble size.

The up-Aqua inline diffuser is what I started with. It works, but I also got micro bubbles in my tank, that sent me over the edge. I didn't want to give up on the inline diffuser, so I sent out to do more research. Reviews and word of mouth said the GLA was the way to go. I broke down, and spent the money, and couldn't be happier with the results. If micro bubbles don't bother you, then the Up-Aqua is fine, but I found the GLA fit my style better.
        ~ Katie Brueggen

Comment

Very happy to hear that.I don't want to see micro bubbles too.Thanks a lot.
          Last edited by goldfisher; 11-05-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X