Flourish Excel and Vallisneria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flourish Excel and Vallisneria

What has been everyone's experience using Excel with vallisneria? I have read that vallisneria can be sensetive to excel. I have corkscrew val in my tank now and was wondering if anyone knew how they would react to excel?
    Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Re: Flourish Excel and Vallisneria

When I used excel in a tank with val there was some melting, then it came back strong.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Can you quantify how much melting occured? Like was it just the tips of the leaves? Were you dosing with Excel daily? Did the vals come back while you were still using excel or after you discontinued it?
      Bacteria: the only culture some people have

Comment

i have val nana in my tank, have had them 2+ weeks and i dose flourish excel in recommended doses (every other day or more when change water), i've not seen any signs of melting and actually seen some growth in new leaves
        65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
        55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
        30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by clw219";p="
          Can you quantify how much melting occured? Like was it just the tips of the leaves? Were you dosing with Excel daily? Did the vals come back while you were still using excel or after you discontinued it?
          The melting included the tips and edges of the outer leaves. I was dosing daily. The val recovered while I was still using the excel. Naps experienced the same occurrance with the jungle val he got from me. I don't know...maybe it was the val, but I've heard of other folks having similar experiences.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I have had them melt as well and I dosed enough to supplement the tank with carbon.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

From my experience in heavier doses it does melt the Vals a bit and will kill them if dosed very heavy for extended time periods.

Comment

I did an overdose in my 120gal tank and melted my corkscrews to the substrate.  Some of them came back but most did not.  I was doing a double dose I think, I was trying to kill some algae.

Comment

Working...
                X