Pressurized CO2 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressurized CO2 Help

I bought this nice lookin CO2 setup. I have no idea what I am doing. Today, I got the tank filled. ($10 at a welding shop) So I screw the regulator on the tank, tighten it up real good, and open the value. I get this awful squealing sound and CO2 is coming from the little hole under one of the regulator gauges (looks almost like a relief valve). I promptly shut it off. Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Re: Pressurized CO2 Help

Make sure you have it on there tight....

Get some soapy water and spray it all over the openings and such to pinpoint the leak.

If its coming from that hole on the bottle/valve then you have a blown valve/pressure relief. Sometimes the shop you fill at don't know what they are doing and over fill. But honestly if the bottle's saftey relief blew it would have blown long time ago and you wouldn't be able to stop it.

Take a picture if you can of what regulator you have.

If there's a pressure relief on the gauges and its leaking from there then you probably got sold a lemon.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Pressurized CO2 Help

I figured this bad boy out. After googling, I finally found a diagram and instructions from Milwaukee. I didn't have the regulator adjustment knob open. This is my first rodeo with pressurized CO2. I've been very low tech for a few years. Now, I am going to try something a little more technical. I'm sure I'll have more questions!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X