It's all about the moss....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about the moss....

So, I don't know which moss to get...and suggestions would be nice.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
    Alexa Rae
    Co-President of CAK
    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Re: It's all about the moss....

i've never actually had any moss, but i want to get christmas moss, i love the look of it, check it out
    65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
    55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
    30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

I've yet to kill Java moss, so I'd start there.
      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

The best looking I have seen is christmas moss, weeping moss, taiwan moss and various fissiden.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Java moss is easily grown in many conditions, and it will attach to rocks and driftwood. I also have Christmas moss and flame moss. I like all three kinds.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Java moss is really easy to grow. IME just tie it down and forget about it. After awhile it grows in really nicely and will want to cover just about anything. Does take awhile for it to get growing though.

Comment

flame moss and  fissidens are my fav.

Comment

I like Java Moss because it is easy to grow. Oh, and welcome to the box oblongshrimp!  
                Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Java moss is UGLY but it is great for young fry, it grows anywhere, and you can't kill it.

But if you want something pretty ~ Phoenix Moss or Flame moss
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I say take the moss that grows on dirt in your front yard under that large tree and put that in your tank.....it'll grow in really nice.
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thanks for the link PhishPhreek.
                      Raul
                      PokerFace

Comment

yeah i hadnt even heard of flame moss, looks really cool. fontanas i had heard of, i used to have it but had that tank get attacked by hair alge. need to try it again, in my tank with co2 so i dont worry about alge.
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President
                        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I need to find some other kind of moss for my shrimp tank at work...

it grows like crazy and takes over....  then I need to cut it... then it spends 2 weeks looking like a 5 yr old got loose with the scissors in my tank... then another 2 weeks and repeat...

and dont forget all the little pieces that get loose and attach in random places in my tank exacerbating the problem... :evil:

someone start bringing different kinds of moss to meetings!

Comment

Working...
                          X