I need a suggestion on filters for 29g T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a suggestion on filters for 29g T

After the plant auction (and Eric Do presentation) I can home and tore out the substrate and planted a natural tank (topsoil, schultz aquatic, small gravel)  Since it might not have gotten done and all those plants wasted, I  demolished my tank and caused quite a mess.

My poor fish are in a 13g container and the HOB filter had an impeller malfunction.  It's a Tetra T2 and it came with the tank.  I'll go look for an impellor at Petsmartco, now, but I might just get a new filter and put the other one in a tupperware container and make my kitty a filtered water source so she stops drinking my tank water.

I measured the WC and calculated 18g after all the soil.  Wow.  So now what do I get when I go looking for a new filter?  Aqua Clear HOB?  Canister? DIY canister?
    Painting the world with drool and poop since 2007! ~ Papa Greg

Re: I need a suggestion on filters for 29g T

I have an old whisper that came from a 55g setup running on a 30g.  That tank is spotless.
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

I'd probably go with the 30gallon or 50 gallon sized aquaclear hobs for that size tank.

Comment

HOB Whisper 60 by Tetra <$35
        or a HOT Magnum pro system <$60
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I bought a Elite 55 from Houston Aquatics for $24.99

Comment

that's too bad......people pay for what they get......i would have gone with an ehiem canister.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I have a 55g filter on my 29g tank with 18 g of water in it.  What could be wrong here other than it doesn't say eheim?  I'd like a canister but I'd rather pay $25 than $90 for Eheim.  

I realize canister's have a higher bioload but what's the drawback to using a HOB rated so much higher than my tank?

Comment

greg,

dont take it the wrong way. I wasn't flaming you or anything. I had a hob filter my my 10g PT also.  I just think the canisters are better because they don't break the surface of the water.

p.s. you can find an eheim on here in the sale/trade section really cheap.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                X