can i use these together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use these together?

does anyone know if i can use a reptile basking lamp, with a 10,000k 150w mh bulb? i have 1 of the fixtures, and it says that you can use a 150watt class a bulb, does this mean i can use a 150w of any kind of bulb? its 1 of those hanging single bulb baskin g light fixtures.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Re: can i use these together?

no.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I think the 150w rating refers to the amount of electricity the wiring can carry  150w/120v=1.25 amps
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I'm not an expert...but I'd have to say no.
        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
        Alexa Rae
        Co-President of CAK
        MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Most common MH bulbs look like this a glass tube with connections on both ends.
          and I doubt that your fixture will work with them.

However you can get them with a medium screw base
          that will fit your fixture.  
          But be careful of the heat they generate....  it's a fire hazard.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i planned on hanging it from the cieling about 8-10" from the water. how many would i need over a 75g tank(48x18x20) to put it in the high light catogory? i was thinkin of 4 med screw base lamps over the tank. i am really getting into the planted tanks. but dont really have the money for this level of lighting, so i am trying to find alterantives. lmk if this would work.
            FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Any metal halide bulb will not work without the proper ballast to fire it up.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

150w MH ballast four for $200

Comment

A class A lamp is incandescent. Like EK stated, a MH lamp needs the proper ballast to fire the lamp. There are several lighting options you could use for that tank to put it in the high light range; normal output fluorescent, high output fluorescent, compact fluorescent or metal halide.

Mark
                  What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
                    150w MH ballast four for $200

I have used ballastwise ballast before and they are ok.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

so would a JBJ 260 Watt 4x 65w CF fixture put it in the high light range?
                      FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Pretty much, yes.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thanx ek
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment