No announcement yet.

Wow, we need some more threads in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, we need some more threads in here!

Is everyone cichlid or water/fish only keepers?

I wanna see those planted tanks

Here are a few of mine from over the years .

33 gallon: the only tank I currently have up and running (but not for long).

55 gallon: blast from the past

90 gallon: Was taken right after I set it up. Recently sold this one to make room for a larger aquarium

Thanks,
    AndrewH

"If people would focus on the important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Planted 33 gallon
    Planted 55 gallon
    Planted 90 gallon

There are plenty of plant people here, to be honest I feel like a minority with Discus and Angels, everyone else has Trophs or Africans. I'm trying my first very small (laughable size) planted tank to see how it goes. Plants are not my friends :(
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

This is my first planted tank. Picture was taken a few days ago before I trimmed and redecorated.

After I trimmed it and redecorated it last night.

Annabelle's tank before:

Annabelle's tank after:
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon View Post
        There are plenty of plant people here, to be honest I feel like a minority with Discus and Angels, everyone else has Trophs or Africans. I'm trying my first very small (laughable size) planted tank to see how it goes. Plants are not my friends :(
        Don't feel bad I have puffers and angels. No trophs and the only africans I have are the two fry I found in the trash can after my tank broke. All the other's are now at the bone and joint clinic.
        A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Originally posted by szidlon View Post
          That's exactly how I started. Tossed in some bulbs. They sprouted and off I went .

I'd recommend starting off easy and slow. Depending on the tank size and lighting currently on the tank, maybe getting one sword or some java moss/fern to get a feel for it.

Most the folks in the Dallas area give out free clippings instead of tossing 'em in the trash, which is a cheap and easy way to "test the waters". My 33 is in transition, but once it's back up and running I'm pruning 2 - 1 gallon size ziplock bags full every 2 weeks. I can toss one in the mail for you if you'd like (might be several months out though).
          Thanks,
          AndrewH

"If people would focus on the important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Planted 33 gallon
          Planted 55 gallon
          Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Ahh, found the ol' 10 gallon guppy & shrimp tank pics (which was upgraded to the 33 )

10 gallon:

Thanks,
            AndrewH

Planted 33 gallon
            Planted 55 gallon
            Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Nice tanks andrew! Whats the setup on em? I would post my tank up, but no camera to be found and just did a water change so I'll probably make a thread tomorrow or something :P

Comment

nice tanks all, i also updated my old thread with update
                65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by melonz View Post
                  Nice tanks andrew! Whats the setup on em? I would post my tank up, but no camera to be found and just did a water change so I'll probably make a thread tomorrow or something :P
                  Thank you very much.

The 33 is a high lighting, no CO2, no ferts, no water changes, no chlorine/chemicals, no filter, heavily planted shrimp breeding setup. I have a duel T5HO fixture running 12 hours per day. I have an XP1 with external heater which I plan to putting back on the tank once I move it. I also plan to add my CO2 setup to this tank to see how it goes, but I'm a little worried my shrimp won't like it plus I'm was trimming like crazy before so I might end up with the plants taking over my entire house with injected CO2.

The 90 was a general community setup with a 6 lamp T8 fixture on for 12 hours per day. XP3 and an automatic water change system. Had several pink gouramis, school of black skirt tetras, 3 spot gouramis, kio and gold angels, and several catfish (pleco, 4 line, etc.).

The 55 was a general community setup for tiger barbs and black mollies. Had HOBs with a single T5HO lighting setup (I think it was on 10 hours per day).

The 10 gal shrimp and guppy tank simply had an A H Supply duel 13 watt setup which I retrofitted to my 10 hood. Lighting was 12 hours per day. I tried ferts and regular water changes, but quickly stopped once I realized I had a huge die off (shrimp) every time I put chemicals into the tank - live and learn.
                  Thanks,
                  AndrewH

Planted 33 gallon
                  Planted 55 gallon
                  Planted 90 gallon

Comment

I'm really digging the goldfish and angel tank!! And I'm definitely feeling the re-aquascaping! Looks good.

Annabelle's tanks looks very nice too. Love that new driftwood you added/rearranged! Looks awesome. I like the plant additions/rearrangement too. Very nice!

Originally posted by edmlfc View Post
                    This is my first planted tank. Picture was taken a few days ago before I trimmed and redecorated.

After I trimmed it and redecorated it last night.

Annabelle's tank before:

Annabelle's tank after:
                    Thanks,
                    AndrewH

Planted 33 gallon
                    Planted 55 gallon
                    Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Originally posted by finfan View Post
                      nice tanks all, i also updated my old thread with update
                      Thank you!

Link? I wanna see
                      Thanks,
                      AndrewH

Planted 33 gallon
                      Planted 55 gallon
                      Planted 90 gallon

Comment

Originally posted by andrewh View Post
                        Thank you!

Link? I wanna see
                        andrew, i don't know how to do thread link, but the tread is in the planted forum called "my first ADA 120p...." and the update from yesterday is in page 15
                        65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
                        55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
                        30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Looks like we lost all the old threads here from the transition.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

^
                            Ahh, I thought ya'll were "anti-planted" J/K

^
                            ^
                            K, I'll check it out (just saw it)
                            (normally, you can simply copy & paste the url into the thread and the software will automatically link it )
                            Thanks,
                            AndrewH

Planted 33 gallon
                            Planted 55 gallon
                            Planted 90 gallon

Comment

30g.

ADA Mini-M

2.5g

ADA Mini-M w/ 70w MH.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X