No announcement yet.

Discus dream tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I used the LED from Marine Land double bright. The largest size they had. Got it at the City Pets anniversary sale this past weekend. Gives off way more light than I thought it would and reached the bottom of the 30 inch tall tank just fine.
    Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
    29 gal (Planted Puffer)
    10 gal (snails and small planted)
    5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Looks good, lots of swimming room and simple design. I wouldn't mix angels and discus if you can help it though.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

If you can get the surface to ripple, the lights will give off a really nice, natural shimmer effect in the tank. I use my filter outtake but a small power head should do the trick
        If it ain't wild caught
        You ain't doing it right

Comment

Are those the rocks you got at the landscape place? Nice job!
          135 gal Fahaka Puffer
          150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
          185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Yes those are the rocks I chose at the landscape place. I had to dig through 2 large bins in the rain to pick the exact ones I wanted. The light does give some shimmer with the eheim outflow at the surface. I am trying to avoid too much flow since it is a discus tank. I am thinking of making a spray bar for the eheim return across the surface from one end to the other.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
            5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

A well placed spray bar will work nicely. When are you getting the fish?
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

I do not have the wet dry up and running yet (still working on plumbing). so fish will not be till January I am thinking since I want to make sure the water has balanced and the filters are "seasoned". May put in some tetras at the mid to end of Dec. first and Discus Jan.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Can't wait to see the final product. Keep us posted please
                  If it ain't wild caught
                  You ain't doing it right

Comment

That drift wood is gorgeous in your tank!!!!!! So glad it came to use!
                    College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

Originally posted by freespool View Post
                      Yes those are the rocks I chose at the landscape place. I had to dig through 2 large bins in the rain to pick the exact ones I wanted. The light does give some shimmer with the eheim outflow at the surface. I am trying to avoid too much flow since it is a discus tank. I am thinking of making a spray bar for the eheim return across the surface from one end to the other.
                      That's how I have the return spray bars on my 125 discus tank. I put them at each end and spray across the top toward each other. I feel that at the elevated temp we keep discus, the bars keep the water better oxygenated when oriented across the surface.

Mark
                      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                      X