Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls help

dear all honourable member

i am a fan of siler arowana fish............and i have also 2 pcs silver arowana......
    i am giving themm little little guppy fish to eat.........
    but they are not eating anything.......

how can i take care of them. can anyone pls help me to take care of this silver arowana........

any one pls help me on this board......or smkhan_005@yahoo.com

best regards
    akhlas ahmed

Did you get them from a local fish store? One thing you can do is ask them what they were feeding them while at the store. Another thing is to make sure they are happy. What kind of filtration do you have? How big is the aquarium they are in? Have you tested your water to make sure there is no Ammonia or Nitrites?
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Did you just buy them or have you had them for a long time?
      If you just got them, ask the seller what he/she fed them.

If you have had them for a while, please tell us your water parameters like girlgeek suggested so we can suggest remedies.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

have they eaten before in your tank and now just stopped eating? how big are the arrowannas? are they big enough to eat the guppies yet?

Comment

clean water a must!!!!!! filtration??? if theyre small, give em frozen blood worm cubes like the hikari ones... only having 2 could be an issue, either 1 per tank or atleast 3. they tend to compete for space/territory... ill take one off yer hands if ya wanna give one up

Comment

thanks everyone for support me.........
            basically first 3 to 4 days they have not eaten anything........now they are eating....
            attn: imagirlgeek
            i am from bangladesh.........and i have water cleaner and also filter........
            i am uploading my aquirium video.......
            can u advice me how can i tested my water to make sure that there is no ammonia or nittrites........

pls let me know quick

best regards
            akhlas ahmed
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bisu View Post
              thanks everyone for support me.........
              basically first 3 to 4 days they have not eaten anything........now they are eating....
              i am from bangladesh.........and i have water cleaner and also filter........
              i am uploading my aquirium video.......
              can u advice me how can i tested my water to make sure that there is no ammonia or nittrites........

pls let me know quick

best regards
              akhlas ahmed
              I'm glad to hear that they are eating now! I test my water using a kit by API. http://aquariumpharm.com/Products/Pr...x?ProductID=67
              They have the liquid drops that react with a sample of your water, or you can also use test strips that you dip into the aquarium, but I don't think they are as accurate. I can only talk about the supplies available to me here in the US, but perhaps you can find something similar in Bangladesh. Also, here in the US, most of our fish stores will let us bring a sample of our aquarium water to them and they will test it for free. Maybe you can do that as well.

Welcome to HoustonFishBox! I believe you are our first member all the way from Bangladesh! We're happy to have you here!
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

thank you every one again..........pls advice me when i post any reply.....
                dear one

now i have just made an aquirium for silver arowana.......size is L=3'XW=15"XH=18".......
                is this appropriate for 6 inch silver arowana(2 pcs)?????????????
                how much gallon water it carry??????????
                how can i make my silver larger in size and healthy (Food item advice)???
                now i give them live gappy fish........
                which fish are popular in your country??
                is there have golden arowana???
                i just love it. but in country it is unavailable.........

which fish u have..........
                how can i bring fish from ur country?????????is it possible?????????

akhlas ahmed

Comment

dear sir,

your tank based on those dimentions is approximately 42 gallons. any time i try to beef up a smaller fish, i feed them high protein diets, such as blood worms or live feeders as you are doing.

and yes, we do have golden arrowanas here. you might check online sellers, by searching the internet, you may be able to find a retailer that sells and ships internationally.
                  140 New World Cichlids
                  125 African Lakes Victoria and Malawi
                  80 Lake Tanganyika (Burundi Frontosas)
                  30 Pundamilia Neyerie Ruti Island group
                  29 Tropical Semi Aggressive/Community
                  And to think....in January it was just the 29...)

Comment

now i have just made an aquirium for silver arowana.......size is L=3'XW=15"XH=18".......
                    is this appropriate for 6 inch silver arowana(2 pcs)?????????????
                    You will want to get a larger tank as the arowanas grow. They need lots of space to swim. 6' long would be best.
                    how can i make my silver larger in size and healthy (Food item advice)???
                    now i give them live gappy fish........
                    Do regular water changes (40% - 50% once a week) and you could feed the guppies high protein foods (bloodworms, etc) right before you feed them to the arowanas so that the arowanas get the benefit of the live food and also the bloodworms.
                    which fish are popular in your country??
                    It depends on who you ask. I keep mostly cichlids and gobies and puffers.
                    is there have golden arowana???
                    i just love it. but in country it is unavailable.........
                    Yes, we have them here. I've seen both the silver and gold in the stores, but they are seasonal.

which fish u have..........
                    I have more fish that I can list here. ) I've been thinking of starting a thread for people to list the fish they keep...maybe I can get that done today. I'll post a link here if I get it done.

how can i bring fish from ur country?????????is it possible?????????
                    I don't know much about import laws or what fish are legal in your country, but I'm sure if it's legal, it's possible.
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

Here's a link to the fish I keep (and hopefully others will post their fish as well)

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                      X