A rookie's 15 gallon tank (update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rookie's 15 gallon tank (update)

So I took the leap and went planted today. I also replaced my MIA albino ancistrus. I have removed most of the imitation decorations and added some new stone that I found. It is starting to look better, but I am still not in the "big boy (and girls) club".

Here are some of the latest photos.

Jarrod - Houston, Texas
    150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
    17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
    5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
    3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

What kind of lights do you have on it.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Can I get into the "big boy (and girls) club" too?
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I like the barrel with the corals. I have a tank with egyptian treasure, two GI joe's, and a submarine. My son likes it that way.
        Life's to short to worry and too long to wait
        Its too short not to love everybody, and Life's too long to hate

Comment

I like it....but I'd ditch the barrel with the bright colored decorations on it....it does not fit in well with your natural theme.....love the fish and loach....

thanks for sharing pictures with us...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I say keep the barrel if you like it. Remember if everyone's tanks look the same, then no one's will be special.

Comment

I agree.... if you like it keep it that way. Its simple and clean, i like it as it is too
              Originally posted by Gapzero View Post
              I say keep the barrel if you like it. Remember if everyone's tanks look the same, then no one's will be special.

Comment

i love the stone, i say ditch the barrel and add some malaysian drift wood...but hey, its not my tank! lol looks great nonetheless!!!
                I make people happy

Comment

I like it! I've never seen a 15g cube tank. Its a cube right? What are the dimensions?
                  Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                  Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Originally posted by Roujin View Post
                    I like it! I've never seen a 15g cube tank. Its a cube right? What are the dimensions?
                    +1
                    25g - Reef
                    3.5g - Surge Tank
                    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

'
                      there are different ways of being "special." IMHO, a nice looking tanks have a common theme. That barrel is a little out of place.

Best advice for beginners is to go on PTF or APC and just copy some of the tanks they got. Then later, when you have been doing PT for a long time you can start being "special".
                      Last edited by myjohnson; 10-10-2009, 03:02 AM.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I think the barrel looks really ridiculous and it is my next project. I want to rearrange the air setup when I do that. I haven't been to the store for the parts I need, so the barrel remains for now.
                        Jarrod - Houston, Texas

Comment

Well I will buy the barrel from you when your done with. I like it. It would make a great hiding place for some of my syndontis.

PS. copying someone else design is boring.

Comment

Copying is a good way to learn the finer points. Many painters start out by doing copies of their favorite works. It helps them learn technique so they can bring their own vision to life.
                            Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Well I will buy the barrel from you when your done with. I like it. It would make a great hiding place for some of my syndontis.

PS. copying someone else design is boring.
                              LOL! I'll keep that in mind.
                              Jarrod - Houston, Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X