Black Knife Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Knife Fish

Hi, I got a little black knife fish for Christmas and I dont know the needs at all for the little guy! He seems to like to hang out in a holey rock. He is with 4 tiger barbs, 3 red eye tetra, and 1 zebra daino.He is about 4 or 5 inches long. He seems to like eating my catfish pellets.
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Feed him frozen bloodworms, and live earthworms, keep somewhat subdued lighting, as their vision is poor and.bright lights can make them hide even more.
    They also get very large, 24", so a 125 or in that ballpark will be necessary down the road.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Back when I had mine, he'd hang out in the piece of 1 1/4" pvc pipe I had in the tank for him. He'd eat pretty much any frozen food, brine, mysis, bloodworms and live blackworms and earthworms.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

They can easily be trained to eat prepared foods. mine will eat any kind of sinking pellet.
        ‎Haiku's are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator

Comment

African Black Knife, Asian Black Knife, or Black Ghost Knife (SA)?
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Black Ghost Knife fish
            10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
            55g Saltwater Aquarium-
            20gL-Leopard Gecko

Comment

our blackie use to hang out in a valcano we had and we would never see him.... but once we got amazon swords hes swims about the tank during the day and loves it...im guessing since the plants are soo big it gives shade from the light......but i love my BGK...

Comment

My BGK stays inside a ship decor all day. Comes out often to swim around or go to the other ship. Low light is best.
                Mine comes out more when all the lights are out and I feed it frozen bloodworms, beefheart(favorite) and sinking shrimp pellets. Be careful with small fish. I read that they use a weak electrical current to stun fish if small enough to eat. Mine killed my guppy. :(

Comment

My black knife fish died.........
                  10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
                  55g Saltwater Aquarium-
                  20gL-Leopard Gecko

Comment

What?!?!? Do you know why? Parameters? Sick? Not Eating?

Comment

Originally posted by makatak123 View Post
                      My black knife fish died.........
                      Aw man, sorry to hear that.

Mark
                      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                      X