Cloudy water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy water?

Hey HFBers, I need help/advice with my 10 gallon fish tank! My water became cloudy all asudden and indent know what to do about it? What I have in there is blk gravel sand that ive been using for awhile now so I know that wasn't the problem, i also have 1 piece of drift wood, live plants, 20 guppies, started out with 10 cherry shrimps, now I only see 7.... :/ and for filter Im running my eheim 2217 canister filter. Any help?
    125g Long: 7 frontosa, 4 brichardi, & 1 snowball pleco. Sitting on 2 2217 eheim canister filter.

55g Bowfront: Breeding pair of Red Head Tapajos. Sitting on 1 2217 eheim canister filter.

10g: Planted tank with 10+ red cherry shrimps & 5 cardinal tetras. Sitting of Aquaclear 70.

95g: Outdoor pond with 30+ electric yellow labs & Lillies. Sitting on a all-in-one filter/uv.

How long has the tank been set up? When was the last time you cleaned the filter? Have you tested the water for the big 3?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

50% partial Water change with dechlorinator at proper dosage as indicated on the bottle is the first thing I would do. Check and remove any fatalities. Add water slowly at same temp as tank. Verify if Eheim is pumping out water from the spray bar like it use to when new. If not, rinse out media with water and replace making sure to keep some beneficial bacteria on media.

Comment

2217 on a 10g...NICE!
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
          2217 on a 10g...NICE!
          That is exactly what I was thinking. Very nice. I like how this boxer filters his tanks
          Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

For how long has your tank been set up? If it's fairly new, the cloudiness could just be a bacterial bloom, which is normal and will go away shortly. :)
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

It's been set up for a week now. water is still cloudy.
              125g Long: 7 frontosa, 4 brichardi, & 1 snowball pleco. Sitting on 2 2217 eheim canister filter.

55g Bowfront: Breeding pair of Red Head Tapajos. Sitting on 1 2217 eheim canister filter.

10g: Planted tank with 10+ red cherry shrimps & 5 cardinal tetras. Sitting of Aquaclear 70.

95g: Outdoor pond with 30+ electric yellow labs & Lillies. Sitting on a all-in-one filter/uv.

Comment

i put my eheim 2215 in a 10 g thinking it will run the water clear but i guess its not doing its job... haha

Comment

So obviously the 10g is the one you filter properly. Lol. I sounds like a bacteria bloom. 50% WC and patience it will go away when the filtration catches up

Since you started it ok
                  180g running with 2X 2260s and a very large wetdry.

Comment

Also did you clean the Eheim prior to putting it on this tank?

Comment

yeah i cleaned it b4 putting it in.

Comment

Buy a bottle of Kent marine organic adsorption resin. Pour half the bottle into a fine mesh bag and place it inside your ehiem filter. I'm almost positive it will go away within 5 hour since it's a 10gallon tank

Comment

Working...
                        X