Fast cycling!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast cycling!!

So I am on day 8 of fishless cycle on my 55G, auaqtech 30-60 & eheim 2215, and Ammonia is consuming fast, in the morning it was around 1.5 ppm and now it is at .25 ppm afternoon, I am going to add more ammonia up to 2ppm, nitrites are up high, and some few nitrates. Is this normal to be so fast,I know I should be happy but well I always read that it is a slow process, so now kind of confused.The only thing I add last week was to seed with the microbe-list special blend, would that be the one that trigger the fast reaction?--Raul

I'd cool it on adding Ammonia. If it spiked and is coming down then their are bacteria present.
    We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

ah OK I thought the adding ammonia was until nitrites will go down and then see if the nitrates have spiked, to do a water change. It is just so confusing some say add more ammonia, some say only add ammonia one time , some say add enough to stay at 2 ppm, and all until nitrites have kind gone zero.

Comment

Keep adding ammonia. It's the food for the bacteria. Keep testing you are doing it right. If you are showing nitrates this early the blend is why. I think you will show 0ppm ammonia and 0ppm nitrites in a week or so. Good Luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

should i keep adding the bacteria, weekly dose, or just leave it like that and use the bacteria when i add the fish.
          Last edited by Raul; 09-20-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

should i keep adding the bacteria, weekly dose, or just leave it like that and use the bacteria when i add the fish.

Comment

Depending on the brand, it should have dosing instructions.
              We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

yes it does, but since it seems it is already cycling I assume the bacteria is there now, so not sure if adding more bacteria per the instructions will affect or not, or maybe speed it even more.

Comment

Working...
                X