No announcement yet.

They lost my business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get a zoom lens and take pictures from the parking lot lol...
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
      But its multiple employees at different stores so the company does have something wrong and ya depeneding on the severity of how rude the guy was he should be fired over it doesn't deserve to work in a job with customer service if I was rude to a customer for my company they'd fire in a heartbeat its not condoned at all customer service is #1
      I wholeheartedly agree that customer service skills might be the most important characteristic to look for when screening employees in a retail environment. But think about what you're asking for here, and tell me if it's not unreasonable. You're implying a fundamental training issue with petco, and expect that any one training regimen is able to tackle the infinite number of personalities that potential employees could possess. There is just about no way (besides incentivizing good customer service/sales a la Nordstroms, or paying employees more - hobby lobby) that you can expect any one training regimen to tackle all of the problems a minimum worker might encounter. How thorough can you really expect to be with the revolving door of retail service employees staring you in the face? At some point you just hope the good one's stay and the bad one's stop showing up.

If you really felt offended by this employee's behavior, the adult course of action to take would simply be to inform a manager, but instead you decided to post on a fish forum, in hopes of perhaps driving business away from them. If that is not the case, what's the point of this? Warn us about employee #4638 at Petco #2363, and to avoid them? Can you at least give us this person's name?

Comment

My biggest pet peeve is people asking me if I need help just leave me alone
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by digitallinh View Post
          If you really felt offended by this employee's behavior, the adult course of action to take would simply be to inform a manager, but instead you decided to post on a fish forum, in hopes of perhaps driving business away from them. If that is not the case, what's the point of this? Warn us about employee #4638 at Petco #2363, and to avoid them? Can you at least give us this person's name?
          To begin with, this forum is to discuss fish related activity and this was a fish related activity. I have worked in sales a large part of my life, owning a few companies, and managing large dealerships. No matter how you look at it, a company is judged by it's employees. PERIOD. It was also brought to my attention through calls, that PETCO policy is not to allow pictures at it's stores (according to an employee at the same store). Like the title of the thread reads "They lost """MY""" business". I was explaining a fish related event that happened to my family. AND like I said before "if you can't stand behind your product or your prices then you got something wrong". She was not taking pics of filters, but the fish themselves and explained why.
          If your employee helped make a sale by bending a rule that was mode to stop a criminal, but actually helped a customer, would you fire them? I hope not.
          Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
          29 gal (Planted Puffer)
          10 gal (snails and small planted)
          5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

i would really like to know which location this was, i work for this company and have never heard of this rule... my customers do it all the time! i always consider it a compliment. i agree that they might be afraid you work for the competition, or have maybe had a run-in with peta, but your situation is perfectly understandable. maybe they were just having a bad day?
            my fish house:
            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
            6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
            29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
            45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
            125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
            and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
              My biggest pet peeve is people asking me if I need help just leave me alone
              And yet you cannot find them when you finally decide to get a fish. Frickin ninjas mannnn
              135 gal Fahaka Puffer
              150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
              185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

I was at one place in Baton Rouge and the workers looked like some bouncers at the club and even stood around like so.

They kept asking as every few minutes and took turns following us around.

Felt like a chinaman in basketball shorts and flips flops at Gucci or LV.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                  I was at one place in Baton Rouge and the workers looked like some bouncers at the club and even stood around like so.

They kept asking as every few minutes and took turns following us around.

Felt like a chinaman in basketball shorts and flips flops at Gucci or LV
                  RIGHT!!!!!!! walk around keeping an eye on you and dont really help

Comment

Working...
                  X