Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic of my pea

thought i would share....
    I have a male and female in with my mollies and misc planted tank fish..including the albino cories
    I'm almost positive this is my female.
    Since i had very little experience with the dwarf puffers I got 5.  A m/f pair are in my cherry shrimp tank...I am more worried about the shrimp eating them.  A lone male is in with the guppies....the guppy babies are bigger than the puffer.  And a m/f pair are in my planted tank..which has become my favorite tank over time.
    btw...the gravel is not large gravel lol....

5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: pic of my pea

For those that are looking for more.... Fish Ranch II on Larkwood has a tank full of them for $2.99.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

fyi, I was worried about aggression. regarding puffers.... the only time i ever see any aggression is when one puff is stalking an itty bitty snail and the other puff eyeballs it.... the look the second one gets is definately the evil eye....
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I like how they stalk snails!

Ramshorn is the coolest cause they get as big as the puffer and it's like david and goliath!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Cute!
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Too cute!!!  I must have some!!
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

what are you feeding them?
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Dude... post up about some ramshorn... those and RCS seem to make the pea puffers the happiest when I had mine.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i know.....i been getting some from phong's house every few days.....whenever I'm over there.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Those are MTS.... not as easy for them to eat as Ramshorn snails.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm sure FL will have to have one too....

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I saw them and squealed..... and um...I'm not a squealer.
                        I left them stalk whatever snails the want.  I also feed that tank brozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, and I believe they probably snack on itty bitty shrimp.  I researched a little bit.... and they just look and look and can be perfectly still...Seometimes when I look for them, they are right in front of me, but hiding.  I will say a planted tank is important to them.... in my opinion
                        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I squealed as well. But by nature, I'm a squealer.
                          Stunning pea.  8O
                          Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                          Alexa Rae
                          Co-President of CAK
                          MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                            Those are MTS.... not as easy for them to eat as Ramshorn snails.
                            no....he got some ramshorns too.
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Just had to share :-)
                              The puffers LOVE bloodworms and the itty bitty mts's
                              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                              X