giant danios and angles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giant danios and angles...

due to a tank failure from my next door neighbor, I inherited 5 giant danios.
    right now there in my 75g tank, with the angles and rams.
    I know the danios are fast swimmers, constantly on the move,
    will I be alright with this, or will it spell disaster for the angles?
    75g - Tiger Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Sword tails
    30Hex - Angle's, Rasbora

Re: giant danios and angles...

Silly question it may seem, but what is the neighbors plan for the tank?  I'm in need of some cracked or leaking tanks...  

I use them for culturing live mealworms, superworms, waxworms, and crickets for my frogs, so leaky or cracked works fine.  The little creepy-crawlies can't climb up the glass sides like they can on most plastic containers.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

from what i know the tank is going back to Walmart... from what it sounds like, I'm going to be keeping the danios permanently
      30Hex - Angle's, Rasbora

Comment

Ok, thanks  :)
        I don't know how the angels and danios will get along, I hope they do OK together.  I'm sure someone here will come up with a better answer than that though.
        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I've had regular sized danios with my angels and no problems, because they are bigger.  I can see where a larger danio might stress them out.  I have rams with gourami and they exist fine.  I would just go ahead and put them together and if it doesn't work out, no fish should die from it right?  How many Angels and Rams are you hosting currently?

Comment

right now i have 5 small / medium angles, and 6 small golden angle rams.  so far no one bothers anyone else. the angles keep to themselves and the same with the rams.
            30Hex - Angle's, Rasbora

Comment

Angels are sweet when they are young, but give them a year and they will develop more aggressive nature.  If I were you I would take the large danios for a little while but try and split them off cause I like the Angel/Ram mix.  Danios are like cockerspaniels, a quick a dumb breed.  Not a fan myself.  I would just want to put large danios in a tank with barbs or something more competitive.  The zebra danios in my tank are fat as hell.  They are quick to the food.  
              If I took the giant danios it would be a nice thing to do to help a neighbor but if they start f*cking up your $hit then I wouldn't have a problem fish filleting them.  (Not really, I would attempt to find them a home).

Comment

Working...
              X