Meter for water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter for water

I have a 110 gal livestock water container.
    I raise Bettas. I need to know how much water I put back into container.
    So I can quit guessing at the water conditioner I need to put back into the water.
    Where would I get a meter to measure the water.
    I can hook it up to PVC or water hose fitting.
                                              Thanks for input.  Jay

Re: Meter for water

you mean a flowmeter? You can try a pluming supply store.

It might be easier to paint the water depth levels on the side of the the container so you can just read right off it.
    Either that or use a dip stick which can be as simple as a long graduated wooden dowel.
    www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I always put in enough conditioner to trat the whole tank, not what was replaced.

Comment

spyke, that is what i always do, i dont like to chance it. it really isn't that expensive unless u have alot of tanks, i always buy the 1G jugs of Amquel+ its like $35-$40, but you end up better in the long run. 1 of the 1g jugs lasts me about 6 months. i have a 125g and a 75g.  with weekly 50% water changes.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

I treat for total amount too.

I use amquel+plus by the gallon along with the use of a carbon bottle.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i have thought about using a carbon bottle, can u pm me with how those work.
            FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Personally, I prefer the bucket method - fill the bucket, empty the bucket, repeat as necessary.  

You might be able to find a cheaper one made of plastic but this one will last a lot longer.
              Water Meters With Garden Hose Thread Inlet & Outlet

however if you want to use a venturi to inject the dechlor while you are adding the water take a look at these
              nextag.com is available for purchase. Get in touch to discuss the possibilities!

ToolBarn.com offers a large selection of online power tools, hand tools, nail guns, fasteners & pressure washer parts from top brands like Milwaukee, DEWALT, Karcher, Senco, Makita & more!

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
              X