It all started when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It all started when...

My beautiful sharplaninatz dog named Logan died from cancer in April 2009. I was devastated. I had only had him for 5 yrs to the day(adopted Apr.17,94 - died Apr. 17, 09,crazy). After a few months of grieving I felt I needed a new pet...but I really needed something completely different..not a dog. I decided Oranda goldfish would be nice. Well that didn't work out...they all(3) died within a few weeks. I admit I didn't know a thing about how to care for them. Well then the family started out with one little betta that started the ball rolling..we now have 23. I still really wanted some orandas though..so after reading and researching for a year and waiting patiently for what I really wanted I now have 5 lemonhead orandas that I found at a LFS. I walked in and was THRILLED...they had a whole tank full. I went back the next day and bought 2 more orandas...larger orange and white. Then I went back and found some little baby telescopes, got 4 but lost one...and also found 2 calico ryukins. So my fishroom is my favorite room in the entire house. I have a 75g with 7 orandas, and two 40g breeders...one with the telescopes and the other with ryukins and quite a few betta tanks...some 2.5g...some 5g. My husband is very supportive of my new hobby because it makes me happy. Currently thinking about a 55g for a few more goldfish. I never knew I would love having fish so much!!! My family back in NJ all think I'm nuts.
    Last edited by rlw121164; 11-24-2010, 11:39 AM.

Welcome to the Box !!

Btw....welcome to the addiction , too !!!!!

Comment

Welcome.....thanks for sharing some of your backgroud...sorry to hear about your loss....I know how tough that can be....again, welcome..take and share some pictures when you feel like it.....

BTW.....Happy Thanksgiving to you and all....

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
        X