Light for aga 10 gallon reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Light for aga 10 gallon reef

looking to spend less than 100.00 for some kind of light for the 10 gallon cheapie tank the wife just started as her first reef.

open to anything that will grow lps and softies.

mh, led, compact, t5.....open to any ideas.

I might order a odyssea t5 tomorrow if i dont find anything locally.

The odyssea t5's will "get the job done", they're great value for the money. As an alternative (and I think you can pick them up for about 50 bucks) have a look into the PAR38 led bulbs, they will cover a standard 10g and may even be powerful enough for sps etc should your wife end up getting the bug ;-)

Comment

Check out fishneedit as well. Pretty decent stuff for the price and I do say decent stuff because it's actually good. If you want to go LEDs check out Apollo and talk to the guy who owns it. He'll set you up with a good priced LED fixture custom made.

Comment

Aquatraders Odyssea t5 will do the work and will save money best value for the money you are lookin to spend about 50 on a light

Comment

would this be ok over a 10 gallon?

viper k2 150w mh

they are asking about 100 bucks. is this a good deal?

I have a par 30 boostled of my 6 gallon. I have never had any mh.

Comment

150w might even be a bit too much, especially as you're limited to how high you can get the light with the swing arm. You'll have differences between this light and the par30 you are using, temperature will be harder to control and evaporation will more than likely begin to tire you out. Don't get me wrong, it's workable, and you'd never have to upgrade for a certain piece of livestock. (I had 400w over a 30 gallon, actually worked quite nicely)
            A 70w viper would be IDEAL for a 10g

Comment

you think that 100 bucks is a decent deal for this light?

Comment

I really don't want to go stepping on anybody's toes on the forum, is it for sale on here?

Comment

it was offered in a private message.

i googled it last night, but didnt see any prices. Ill look again.

I understand not wanting to value someone elses stuff.

i am just still green to all of this and trying to ask questions before i just jump on a "deal".

Comment

That's the best way to attack it, honestly I've spent about 12-1500 bucks over three years on various different light setups, if i'd just bought the one's I wanted and needed in the first place I would only have spent 350-400. Take your time and do plenty of research. Have a browse through wetwebmedia's q+a's. Everything CAN work in this hobby, it's just finding the ways and means, often through diy, that's why its so fun to me!

Comment

thank you bigpink. I think im gonna give this mh a try.

Comment

No worries, glad I could put my (somewhat limited) knowledge to use :-)

Comment

Bought a light today.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X