Aquarium Lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josephavela View Post
    Do you know where I could find it? Will home depot have it also?
    Walmart has it buy the yarn

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
      Walmart has it buy the yarn
      Cool I'll check it out thanks I think I may go this route maybe spray paint it so it won't be so white lol!

Comment

It's called plastic canvas and Home Depot is not going to have it. It's 10.5" x 13.5" and it's at wal-mart (maybe), Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Hobby Lobby gets 99 cents a sheet for it as I got some a couple weeks ago. it's the same stuff Sunny used to make his fry boxes and it won't work by itself as a cover as it is very flexible but would be good over the eggcrate.

Comment

This is what you are looking for when you go to the store.

A list of Plastic Canvas Sheets & Shapes available at Everything Plastic Canvas. The items are produced by Zehrco-Giancola, Cousins and JANLYNN priced from $0.89 to $5.99. There are 14 items in this collection. Category: Sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by jsbaker View Post
            It's called plastic canvas and Home Depot is not going to have it. It's 10.5" x 13.5" and it's at wal-mart (maybe), Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Hobby Lobby gets 99 cents a sheet for it as I got some a couple weeks ago. it's the same stuff Sunny used to make his fry boxes and it won't work by itself as a cover as it is very flexible but would be good over the eggcrate.
            At hobby lobby it's called cross stitching grid and they come in different sizes with the above dimensions for $40ish cents

Comment

Maybe at your hobby lobby it's called cross stiching grid and comes in different sizes but not at mine and it's 99 cents a sheet as I posted as this is the only size they sold other than round. This was purchased two weeks ago.

IMAG0045.jpg

Comment

It's not just the one closest to me. Another member on the box has purchased this as cross stitching grid from another hobby lobby. But either way, it's still cheaper than buying glass tops

Comment

Definitely cheaper than tops! I'm going to steal your eggcrate idea for a fry tank the cat has an affection for. Never thought of using it as a top. Great suggestion!

Comment

Not my idea. I took it from someone else

Comment

The cross stitching I bought from Walmart came in a package with 3-4 large sheets for a little over a buck

Comment

I checked it out yesterday at Walmart it came in a pack of like 10 sheets can't remember the size tho for like 4 bucks

Comment

not trying to deture anyone from useing this. But the main reason i use glass tops is for evaporation. Glass tops that fit properly, reduced my evaproation rate to almost nothing. To each there own but not for me.

Also the open air will make your temp. fluctuate
                          Last edited by barrettsline; 08-13-2012, 09:34 AM.
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Would the cross stich work to keep small fish out of my overflow?

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
                              Would the cross stich work to keep small fish out of my overflow?
                              It should be able to. all depends on how you actually install it on the box. Be it on top of the box around the outside, but then the notches in the overflow are blocked reduceing water flow into the box. 6 in one, half a dozen in the other.
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                                not trying to deture anyone from useing this. But the main reason i use glass tops is for evaporation. Glass tops that fit properly, reduced my evaproation rate to almost nothing. To each there own but not for me.

Also the open air will make your temp. fluctuate
                                True but glass tops also causes fluctuations of you are using lights (except LEDs).

I like open top because I do multiple water changes within the week so evaporation isn't much of a problem for me

Comment

Working...
                                X