Pre-bent conduit pipe/borrow pipe bender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Pre-bent conduit pipe/borrow pipe bender

Wanted to do this myself as cheap as possible, but both local homedepots obviously have hard *** managers as when I asked in the first place then just tried to do it in the isle at the second, I was told no-way and stop!

So they want me to buy their 60 dollar bender to use once on two 4 dollar pipes!

I know a lot of you reefers have a lot of tools and spare crud lying around so does anybody have something from a project they started then never finished? Or just maybe somebody on the south side who has a bender I could borrow for litterally 30 seconds?

lol, nahhhh.

They want you to buy it. Use it once and return it.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

They wouldn't bend it for you? Does it have to be rigid conduit?
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

to support the weight of the fixture i'm hanging (nearly 30lbs) i want something that looks clean but its strong enough to support the weight, i don't like the look of shelf racks and brackets, so the bent conduit looks like my best option, if you have any other suggestions though (that're cheap and sleek) i'm still researching my best options, cheers geezer :-)

Comment

oh, obviously hanging from the ceiling is out of the question

Comment

@myjohnson, i actually thought about buying it, using it in the car-park and going back and saying i changed my mind...obviously i wussed out on that one :-) stupid built-in english reserve.....

Comment

What size conduit? I need dimensions on how you want it bent. I may be able to help with this at work today but no promises.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

well since you work with it i'd have to take your advice there...i want it 6 feet tall, with a 90degree bend, then the bend should extend 16 inches out. if you think 1/2" would support 15lbs each hanging out there with the bend, i'd take your word for it, if you think 3/4" would be safer, i'd take your word there too! :-)

Comment

so basically, and L shape, long side 6 feet, short side 16", and thank you so much, even if you can't get it done straight away, i'm glad i could find someone who can help me out....again :-) thanks barrettsline :-)

Comment

I'll see what we got laying around that's scrap. If not I may be able to borrow a bender. What do you have now? Size? Is it schedule 40 or 80. Difference is thickness.
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Haven't actually bought anything yet...would have bought from home depot, but walked out in disgust instead ;-) would like the whole project to come in under 20 bucks, if I can afford 80 for that, then I guess it'd be safer

Comment

thinking about it as well, six feet might be overkill...let's go for five...I can always raise them up in the brackets if need be

Comment

I have access to a bender

Comment

whereabouts are you? if i can get barretsline to do it, i'd feel like it was taken care of by a professional, if it comes down to it though, i may take you up on it

Comment

The bender is at w little York at toll road.We got a full time electrician these days

Comment

Working...
                              X