This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Got sand?

Hi guys! I'm looking for enough light colored sand to cover the floor of a 55g and trying to stay away from the fine & sharp sands. Let me know what you have, how much you want for it & where you are, please?

I have a few items I can trade, in another post; or I have good old, loved by everyone, cash.
    Last edited by ScorpiosWife; 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM.
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
    Hi guys! I'm looking for enough sand to cover the floor of a 55g and trying to stay away from the fine & sharp sands. Let me know what you have, how much you want for it & where you are, please?

I have a few items I can trade, in another post; or I have good old, loved by everyone, cash.
    I have some live black sand if you are interested.

Comment

Just talked to hubby & he doesn't want black sand. Thanks for the offer, tho!

Comment

are u looking for pfs?
        175 tropheus Chaitika
        125 tropheus Ujiji
        90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

PFS is good. I can pick up a 50# bag for $10 up the street, I just don't have the time to clean it for hours so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any they aren't using.

Comment

PFS is good. I can pick up a 50# bag for $10 up the street, I just don't have the time to clean it for hours so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any they aren't using.
            Word of advice, you dont have to clean it for hrs, i purchased a bag yesterday and rinse it for 20mins in a tub till the water was clear and i could see the sand. I added to my tank yesterday and this morning my tank is clear with little to no cloudiness.
            175 tropheus Chaitika
            125 tropheus Ujiji
            90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

I don't know exactly where you buy your PFS but , if you get it from Leslie's...then you shouldn't have to clean it much . It usually takes me less than 20 minutes to clean a 50# bag . If you get that other stuff from Home Depot , Lowes , or the rock yard........then you we definitely be cleaning for quite a while . Also , keep in mind that the Leslie PFS is only $10.00 , too .

Comment

Just talked to hubby & he doesn't want black sand. Thanks for the offer, tho!
                No worries. :)

Comment

Sand purchased at Leslie's up the street, rinsed & in tank. :) Thanks for the advice everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X