Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Complete Custom GloFish Aquarium Set Up

Item is sold

OK, y'all I wrote this for the general pubic, not experienced hobbyists, please don't grief me out.

For sale is a complete custom GloFish 10 gallon set up. It includes all premium items and is put together way better than anything available as a kit in a store. I put this together for myself, but my plans changed. All items are brand new and have never been wet.

It includes a 10 gallon glass Aqueon aquarium. Dimensions are 20.3” X 10.5” X 12.6” Black trim. I had my buddy, a professional painter put 4 coats of satin black enamel on the outside of the back and 2 sides of the tank. The black out treatment maximizes the effect of the blue light in lighting up the GloFish. It also prevents incidental light from causing algae growth in this tank (the 2 LED light bars are too weak and of the wrong wave length to allow for algal/plant growth).

Black fluorescent tube hood (light would be useful for doing maintenance in the tank). Most hoods in this size tend to be the cheaper incandescent style.

All Glass brand 50 watt immersible heater.

Small container of fish food “Aqueon Tropical Flakes” 13 g

Small stick on the outside strip thermometer.

10 pounds (5lb X 2) Pure Water Pebbles substrate/gravel in Neon Rainbow

An Aqua Clear 20 hang on the back (HOB) power filter. Rated for 5-20 gallon tanks. The Aqua Clear HOBs (the parent company recently re-branded them under their name Hagen) are a favorite of experienced hobbyists. Very simple to clean, just pull out the media basket and gently rinse your media in de-chlorinated water once a month. Rinse off the rest of the filter under tap water with a tooth brush or similar. If you don’t use carbon there is nothing to throw away or replace the sponge is good for about a decade. I’ve had a couple of these for over 25 years—every 10-12 years you replace an impellor which is about $8 and takes about 15 seconds to do. The box is open on the filter. I robbed the ceramic media out of it awhile back and threw away the carbon sack (I don’t use it in my systems) I replaced the ceramic with a sack of SeaChem Matrix. It’s widely regarded as the best available ceramic media on the market. I also threw in a little mesh sack—if you just got to have carbon.

Two 18” immersable LED lights. ViaAqua brand

One all blue constant lit for the top of the tank facing the fishes to light them up.

One multi-color slow changing for the bottom rear of the tank for accent colors/additional blue light.

They are both actually air stones as well. If you add an air pump and airline tubing to the set up, you can make a rainbow colored bubble curtain go up the back of the tank.

To have a look at prices—(these are mostly internet prices before shipping BTW) the 2 LEDS together were $40, The gravel was $8, Paint and disposable rollers about $8 A 10 gallon starter tank and hood with heater/thermometer/food and a not quite as nice filter runs about $75 with the free shipping on Amazon (about $66 if you pay for shipping)

The Aqua Clear 20 is about $26

Works out to about $157 plus either shipping or if bought locally 8.25 % sales tax.

This set up has everything you need to setup a lovely GloFish tank.

Just add de-chlorinated water, put a pinch of food in everyday for a week or two to let the bio-filter establish itself (cycle), add fish, enjoy. You should also get a couple of new, clean buckets from Home Depot or where ever and some clean siphon hose or a ”gravelvac” for water changes.

So if you’ve always wanted a GloFish setup, or have a child that wants one you can’t go wrong with this set up. If you are so inclined, if you purchase this I can give you 20-30 minutes of fish care success tips for free. Or I can wave good bye as you carry off the tank if you would rather not hear me babble.

$100.00 cash only, not interested in barter or trade, pick up at my house only. As is where is. Please don’t low ball me you are already getting a great deal.

DSC04479.jpgDSC04480.jpgDSC04481.jpgDSC04482.jpg
    Last edited by Bedlamer; 03-16-2014, 02:01 PM.
    While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...
Working...
X