This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Pumps/Heaters

Does anyone have any heavy duty air pumps for aquariums laying around that they might want to sell?  I'm looking to get some at a reasonable price.  

My goal is to find a good deal on a air blower to run air to all my tanks, but I will have to settle for individual pumps to run my sponge filters for now.  

Scott recommends sweetwater air pumps........anyone else have recommendations for when I go shopping.  I'll be looking for something that will supply enough air for up to 40 tanks of variable sizes.....largest being 3 - 55g, but room to grow.  Currently I have 20 tanks.

Thanks

Raul
    Raul
    PokerFace

Re: Air Pumps/Heaters

Actually Raul, for your setup I would recommend a linear pump. Linear is less expensive to purchase, cheaper to operate, and much quieter than regenerative blowers. For the small number of drops you will have a linear would be more than adequate for the job.
    Try looking at these pumps here for an idea of what you can expect to spend.

Then after that do a web search for linear aerobic pumps for septic systems. By buying the pump from an aerobic supplier as opposed to an aquarium supplier you will save yourself some money.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

For up 120 drops a linear air pump is a better deal, above 120 you will need to look at a regenerative blower. My favorite brand of linear is Altia and the best price I was able to find was from Steve Rybicki at AnglesPlus. I have 2 of them, an alita 40 and an alita 80,  I use a gast Air King regenerative blower in my main hatchery. The best price I found on them was from GreenThumb aquatics.
      GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info guys.  
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

I gave the wrong name, it is wet thumb aquatics, not green thumb
          GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Working...