This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Pundamilia or xsistochromis

anyone locally sell them? so far the closest i've seen is Daves in san antonio. i got my ruti islands there. just didn't know if anyone else locally carried them.
    140 New World Cichlids
    125 African Lakes Victoria and Malawi
    80 Lake Tanganyika (Burundi Frontosas)
    30 Pundamilia Neyerie Ruti Island group
    29 Tropical Semi Aggressive/Community
    And to think....in January it was just the 29...)

I purchased 8 xsistochromis from Dave about 4 months ago. Purchase price with tax and shipping was about $110.00. Well worth it. I already have a dominate male. Have them in a 30L.

Looking to add Demasoni or something similiar in the next few weeks to a 36 bowfront in my office. I'm currently talking to Dave about ideas.

Comment

oh hands down daves has the best!! I ended up with 5, 2m3f ruti islands and now I'm sold!!! I want more lol. I just didn't know if anyone had them closer here. its about 4hrs from fresno. guess me hubby and kids are goin on a road trip
      140 New World Cichlids

Comment

I had em shipped in. Freight for next day UPS ground was $8.00 and a $5.00 box fee. Everythnig arrived as advertised and in great shape.

It is worth a field trip over there though.

Comment

I found 6 WC Makobe Island Pundamilia I have coming in tomorrow. They have been spawning regularly according to the seller. Will be happy to sell some once they do.

JB is selling some Blue Bar Pundamilia and Xystichromis Phytophagus as well. He lives in San Antonio.

Go to the HCCC website and look for his post under the Trading Post section.

Comment

Originally posted by BPDuncan View Post
            I found 6 WC Makobe Island Pundamilia I have coming in tomorrow. They have been spawning regularly according to the seller. Will be happy to sell some once they do.

JB is selling some Blue Bar Pundamilia and Xystichromis Phytophagus as well. He lives in San Antonio.

Go to the HCCC website and look for his post under the Trading Post section.

let me know, as i will deffinately be getting some. how much you asking for 1" fry?

and who is jb??
            140 New World Cichlids

Comment

dude...one would think www.HCCC.com would be the website and i ended up on the horseless carriage club of america.....

its www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com for anyone laughing at me....
              140 New World Cichlids

Comment

Sorry, I guess I have just been on there so long I expected everyone to know JB. He goes by jbedlover on the HCCC board. I also should have given you the link. I do not charge much for fry, especially given the deal I got one these for being WC. Let me spawn them first and will let you know.

Comment

I have a small colony of Pundamilla nyereeri and a trio of Xystichromis sp. 'Kyoga flameback'. I have found the former to be super aggressive. I started with 10 jv and not have five adults (two males and three females). I have them in a well planted thirty but will be moveing them to a breeder forty soon. Some young are showing up but I think more floor space and lots more cover will help the survival.

The 'Kyoga flamebacks' males are aggressive(not anything like P. n.) and with only two females I am not getting any fry so far. These guys are hiders and I have them in a tall thirty. I will move them soon to a shorter tank with gravel and lots of rocks and plants hope this works. I also plan to add a second male to encourage breeding.

I purchased all of my fish from Aquabid. California Cichlids and a private breeder in North Carolina. I can vouch for the quality and care in shipping for both of these guys. (NC is currently not offering anything. He's got a lot of young fry and will soon be releasing some.) California Chichlids is listing 'Crimsontide', P. nyereerei Red Mwanza, and P. n. Red Ruti Island. Armke has some Lake Victorians listed but under Haplochromis. I sent an email asking if he had heard of a name change - there is some Frenchman working on the whole group.
                  sigpic
                  No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise” Lewis Caroll
                  AKA, SAA, NANFA, TAKO, HAS, AKA, BKA, ALA, BLA
                  LIVEBEARERS, SOUTH AMERICAN ANNUALS, NATIVE KILLIES
                  AND MOUTHBROODERS ANY TYPE.
                  NEEDED OLD TYPE EGYPTIAN MOUTHBROODER
                  MALES WERE BLACK IN COLOR

Comment

paleo, i have a breeding group of 5 (2m3f) ruti islands. what kind do you have (island?). my males haven't been too aggressive, and the sub dominant typically has full dress, which was impressive to me. but i have a TON of hiding space in the 125 for them. i'll check out those places. thanks! second week of august aparently my hubby wants to go to san antonio. so i'll stop at daves anyway, but just was looking for options and variety! :)
                    140 New World Cichlids

Comment

Working...
                    X