This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know where to get real SAE's?

Any thoughts?  Just went to Petsm@rt and what was labled as Siamese Algae Eater was a CAE.  Told them about it and they were seemed very thankful in the input.

Anyway ... give a shout out if you have anyplace in mind.

Thanks
    Logan5
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Re: Know where to get real SAE's?

Anyone have pictures to tell the difference between the two?

I have an OAE (he prefers not to be classified any more specifically than that)
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Comment

ohwait, heres something from thetropicalplanttank.co.uk

This is a SAE

This is a CAE

I guess I have the CAE.. now, having found that out.. no I don't know where you could get a real SAE but.. I really like my CAE he's so hyper it's like he has HDAD he's a really goofy fish, although, as he's getting older he is settling down a bit.
      Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
      Co-President of CAK

Comment

Watch your CAE as he gets older as they can get quite agressive and lazy.  I just sent mine to a catfish sanctuary last night.  I had other more sinister plans for the mean guy but as luck would have he was rescued before I could put my final plan into action.  He was about 5 1/2", certainly didn't eat algae anymore and was aggresively chasing the other fish.
        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I've actually heard stories ... though not witnessed it myself ... that older CAE's can actually suck the slime off other fish ... gross.

Logan5
          There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Yup, heard that too about them. They're pretty vicious! Hey, szidlon, what's a catfish sanctuary?

Ramius - there was a discussion about flying foxes and SAEs on here a little while ago, in the midst of another topic :wink: :

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

As for where to find real SAEs, I have no clue, sorry! But I'm sure someone will...  
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
              Hey, szidlon, what's a catfish sanctuary?
              I had someone take most of my Yellow Labs last night and when I told him of my sinister plan  :evil:  for my CAE he said his dad had a catfish sanctuary he could take him to.  I really didn't care where the CAE went, as long as he was not in my tank anymore. I didn't really ask too many details but I'd assume (we all know what that means) he takes in no longer wanted catfish, like an SPCA for catfish  
              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Cute! Well, as long as it's not that infamous "farm," I'm glad your CAE got a home!  
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Hey logan,

I have a false flying fox (check out the link Mzungu put in and you will know what I mean) that I want to get rid of. It eats some algea, but not on glas so much. Mostly on rock and the ground. If you want it let me know. It's a fun guy to watch, but I have 2 and they chase each other all over the tank. Not a good thing!

Daisy

Comment

i was at fish ranch and they had some that looked like the picture above for true sae
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                    X