This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: mantis shrimp

Anyone seen a mantis shrimp at the LFS around town?
    I ate my fish that died.

u gonna put in your pico???

Comment

If I find one I want then I might do it.

I came across a bunch of free LR so I'm thinking about doing a FOWLR 10g now.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

i hear they are mean buggers and can break your tank

Comment

That's why I want one...
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

they dont break tank...
            unless those big species get up to 13" or so...like the peacock mantis....
            i am assuming that you considering doing a fish only tank OR a mantis shrimp tank right??? not fish and mantis together right?? because thats not gonna work...the mantis is gonna kill every fish..
            if you gonna put one in a 10g...try to get a species that does not get big...
            like i have a Neogonodactylus wennerae in a 15 gallon by himself...the wennerae is a easier to get..and they stay under 4 in...
            anyway...do one man...its really fun...mantis are soooooo smart...
            here is a good website to check out...

Comment

Yeah, it's going to be one or the other not both.....unless I'm feeding the mantis something.

I'm thinking of keeping something I can feed.

Thanks for the link, I actually have that same link as a sticky under the SW forum.

For those that don't know....this is why I want one.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-PShMgas-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-PShMgas-0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

ya...they are really fun...
                that guy is rich man...feeding all those expansive stuffs...
                and that seems to be a peacock mantis...
                dont do a peacock unless you put it in a really thick glass tank man...when they get big...they may really break some glass...

Comment

Fish Gallery had some last time. Let me know when you find or see a peacock mantis shrimp? I am looking for one myself and no one has them.

Comment

Yeah, peacocks are actually hard to fine. There are waiting list on some online sites.

I'm looking for a smaller variant that is red.

But if I find a peacock then I'll get it! Just hope it still small and get rid of it when it gets bigger.
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Dude that thing is sick and the last contender is the best that foo didnt quite he wanted that sit. You should make it a Mantis tank and just throw guys in there for him to eat and attack
                      Resident fish bum
                      330G FOWLR
                      34G Reef
                      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Dennis, d2mini on MARSH, was giving away a few he got in his rocks, but he took the last one to City Pets. He said they had a couple of them.

Comment

fish gallery is the only place i have seen them. i went to city pets 2 weeks ago and didnt see any there.
                          75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                            Dude that thing is sick and the last contender is the best that foo didnt quite he wanted that sit. You should make it a Mantis tank and just throw guys in there for him to eat and attack
                            Yes!

Someone get's the point!
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

its all fun and games til someone breaks a finger in a mantis tank
                              75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Working...
                              X