Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb: frontosa

Hi folks- see above.
    Last edited by jkfuel; 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM.

Check with a member by the name of RonR. if you are looking for Moba fry . If you search in the For Sale forum you should see some pics of his breeding group and of the fry available .

Comment

nobody in houston has kitumba. Ron has mobas. Mike B usually has burundi but If you really want a rare varianr, check out Frontosa.com or Cyphos.com.
      If it ain't wild caught
      You ain't doing it right

Comment

Thanks for the plug Rex. I do have Burundi of all sizes. PM for more info. You won't find any Moba fry nicer than the ones Ron has.
        300 W/C Burundi
        210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
        210 F1 Moba
        180 W/C Mpimbwe
        180 F1 Burundi

Comment

Another plug for MIKE from Beaumont.....Heck of a nice guy and loves the hobby, all his fish are good stock...I should know, gave him quite a few....smiles.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

+3 on the Mikeb plug. Bought 16 about 2 months ago now. They are growing and eating like pigs.

Am really surprised that more people are not into fronts.

There's a guy in Austin that has a breeding group of Tembwe's from TNT cichlids. Wish i could get a line on this guy.

If someone finds a good front line or wants to do a RonR group buy let me know. I have a 75 begging for some quality fry.

Comment

Or you could wait 3 years and I'll have some Mikula fry...lol
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments!!!!!! My mobas do all the work.....I just feed them and change the water!

I have 10 absolutely beautiful F1's that are hitting almost 2" from one of my wc moba mommas. They are $35 each right now. Next week they will be $40 each because they are getting bigger and thicker. Once they hit 2.5" I'll release them from the floating nursery to swim with my wc moba adults in the 180g. They will put some good growth on then, but are much harder to catch. They go warp speed on me. LOL

Once I release them into the general population I usually grow them out over the next few months up to 3.5" to 4" and sell them for $70+. When I have small fry people want bigger fish and when I have bigger fish customers want to buy fry. LOL

I have 40+ F1's from my wc black moba momma in a floating nursery that will be ready for pick up in late November, early December when they hit 1". They are super nice!!!!! When they hit 1" I will let them go for $40 each. If you buy 10 or more the price drops to $35 each. If you want some of these 40 you will need to put in an early order for Christmas because they will most likely go quickly.

1" F1 fry from other wc moba mommas are $30 each and if you buy 15 or more fry the volume discount drops the price to $25 each.

I try to keep the prices down due to bad economic times but have seen F1 mobas here locally at the Fish Gallery and other lfs going for $75 to $90 for some small 1"-1.5" fry. I couldn't keep up with the orders 2 years ago and was selling these same fish for $10 more...........$40 for regulars and $50 for fry from my black moba momma just to give you an idea.
                180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by jkfuel
                  Wow you guys are awesome I didn't expect that kind of response! Thanks for the leads. I just moved here from College Station and needless to say there is much more variety. I've checked out fish land, fish gallery, and t&t but didn't really find what I was looking for.

Ron, could you give some sort of hfb forum discount for a couple of these guys :] I bet they're worth every penny given the feedback. Doubtful but I thought I'd ask.

I'm planning on ordering a trio/quad of WC Kitumba online if no one in Houston has any (same with the electric blues). Many thanks again guys!
                  Welcome to Houston!!!!! My youngest daughter is in her first year at TAMU so I've already made a few trips there.

The prices I listed are discounted already.

I highly recommend TNT Cichlids out of Montgomery County, PA. Tyrone is the owner. I bought my wc moba colony from him almost 6 years ago. His cell is 267-879-1410. He has some large shipments coming in this month and his site lists wc kits. He is an excellent shipper.
                  180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

I have electric blue ahlis, anything from about a week old to almost full-grown. PM me if you are interested. I'll be at the auction tomorrow and could bring some if you'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                    X