X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramius needs a 55gal stand

Nothing fancy. Nothing expensive.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Re: Ramius needs a 55gal stand

You can always build one WAY cheaper than you can buy one from what I have seen.....  You can build it to look however you want it to look and then stain it the color that you need.

Comment

good luck buildin one.  if your as good a carpenter as me, itll collapse in at least 5 days.  that or itll be so off level that you could freeze the top of the water and your fish could skii down the slope.

Comment

I prefer concrete blocks & 4 by 4's with a curtin around the bottom if it needs to look prety.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Sorry....I thought everyone was as handy with a tablesaw as I was.  I actually don't have room to build where I am now so I had Home Depot cut all the pieces for me so I just put it together after that.

Comment

lmao Phish (I never thought of that)...I tried to convince him to build one; he's not budging.

Sometimes the creativity of men amazes me.  :think:
            Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
            Alexa Rae
            Co-President of CAK
            MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

I did the cinderblock/4x4 stand (only I used 2x4's) outside, but around it I put some of that bamboo fencing stuff.  the fencing stuff is about 26$ at home depot, and I just cut a piece the height/length I needed to wrap the blocks with..  It comes in a roll about 12' long and 6' high so I had enough left over to cut more to put around a few other things in the back yard that didn't really match each other.  For example, the aluminum truck tool box that I turned into a mini-pond  :).
              The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
              Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Clear off one of your dresser drawers.   :wink:
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I built this double stand with 2x4, 2x6 & marine plywood
                  it holds a 75 on top and 2 - 15g on bottom for isolation & fry
                  (or you can use it to hold a 6 pack while your enjoy your fish  

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I did the cinder blks./2x4 thing, and it was rather cost-efficient. I even painted everything black. Total cost was about $20-25.

Comment

Ramius is formulating a plan..

David Seratt
                      Co-President of CAK

Comment

Originally posted by Ramius";p="
                        Ramius is formulating a plan..

THat's what I'm talking about!!!!  Bring on the 55g tank with the 135g sump!!!!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

hahahahaa, yeeeesss, I could power it with a pool pump and run it through a sandpot filter.. if anything was brave enough to survive the current they'd be one highly filtered fish

David Seratt
                          Co-President of CAK

Comment

So what's it for?

Downsizing or is it for Log?
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

It's for my kids.. I'm taking my tank down but I dont want them to lose their fish. Gonna set up a 55 gal for their angles/gouramis.

David Seratt
                              Co-President of CAK

Comment

Working...
                              X