X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Frontosa and Calvus

Hey guys

Looking for about 5 juvenile (~3") Burundi Fronts.

Also looking possibly looking for a small group of Calvus, maybe 1.5"-2" of no particular kind.

Have an available 55 that has 3x small fronts, BN plecos and Synos at the moment. Not stocking for as if they are adults - both being slow growers should help until a larger tank gets into the picture.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gene D; 02-14-2011, 10:54 AM.

PM a member by the name of Mikeb144 .

Comment

Thanks, Dave. Coming soon, W/C Mikula!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by mikeb144; 02-13-2011, 01:03 PM.
      300 W/C Burundi
      210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
      210 F1 Moba
      180 W/C Mpimbwe
      180 F1 Burundi

Comment

What made you want Frontosas?
        If it ain't wild caught
        You ain't doing it right

Comment

I'm still new to fish keeping, coming up on 7-8months - So I'm jumping around a lot between stock, well.. not by choice... more or less due to beginner mistakes. The 55 did have juvenile tropheus in it, lets just say it didnt go too well. The fronts have lived through it all and theyve grown on me a bit. They seem happy, just going to give them a few more to play with. Along with the Calvus, I do like that they grow pretty slow - gives me time to figure out future tank situations.

Been talking to Mike/Danny - Seems like they'll be able to hook me up with some nice Fronts. Their fronts may be too high quality though, since I don't have any intentions of breeding, I'm perfectly happy with F3-4 or whatnot since what I have now are just from a LFS.

I see in your Avatar pic that you have a calvus with your fronts, do they get along okay? Even with the size difference? Alex at Ultimate has some real nice ink fins for sale, about 1-1.25" at the moment. Think they would go with 2-3" fronts? What should the front to calvus ratio be roughly?

Thanks!
          Last edited by Andrew_B; 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

i got a couple juvi Burundi Fronts. callme at 281 881 8292
            34g Neo Nano Mixed Reef

And you guys thought I was done,I'm just getting started
            ~Macon Fish Look Easy~

Comment

fish land had some nice fronts at a good price when i went. but i'm pretty sure the quality wonk compare to mike's or danny, if the drive is what's keeping you from buying from this guys i would still defenately still go and get some quality fish.

Comment

Nah, it's a hike, but not a deal breaker. More or less thinking their fronts are going to be too high quality if anything. Still peeking around, but will probably make the drive down to Danny.

Comment

I know cichlidfarm has some black calvus and he will be in town on the 19th you might want to pm him
                  Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Andrew, Most fishkeepers would consider Burundi Frontosa as entry level in the Frontosa family. However in my humble opnion they is a differnce between some of the fish you see at the LFS, meaning that they may be F3-F5 ect... My fish are TRUE F1 form my W/C colonies. If this does not matter to you then the fish at the LFS will probably do just fine for you. Good luck. Mikeb144
                    300 W/C Burundi
                    210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
                    210 F1 Moba
                    180 W/C Mpimbwe
                    180 F1 Burundi

Comment

I'm more concerned with the physical health. I know yours will be in tip-top shape and are well taken care of

Comment

These fish are being feed quality foods and are in quality system tanks.

I won't advertise anything i don't think is quality.

Doesn't hurt to look, there is nothing binding.

This is a major petro and trop board and there are a few front keepers starting to creep onto the scene.

I think these are some good fish that will help our #'s increase.

Comment

Daves in San Antonio had a lot of nice Calvus for sale.
                          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
                            Daves in San Antonio had a lot of nice Calvus for sale.
                            +1

Dave always has a giid selection.

I've had Dave ship several times.

What are you looking for?

I might be interested.

Comment

you cant go wrong by getting the in contact with mikeb.......his stock is TOPS......and true f1s.....his wc stock is the NUTS.....gl on your search
                              210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

Working...
                              X