School Aquatic Science class looking for aquarium and supply donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Aquatic Science class looking for aquarium and supply donation

I have two Aquatic Science classes at Spring Woods High School (old Marine Science but the state added freshwater and change the class name) and the students set up aquariums in the class and maintain them the entire school year. I have fourteen 30 gal aquarium and and two 20 (school bought 8 tanks and I am using my own tank from home or traded or was given the rest for the school).

The student groups, after researching, choose fresh or saltwater. Since I am at a poverty school, I try to provide everything for the students except the fish, live plants, or invertebrates. We lost 9 teachers at our school due to massive budget cuts and our classroom budgets are next to nothing.

I have a total of 53 students and put them in groups of three for the 30 gal tanks and twos for the 20 gal tanks. This means I need two more complete 30 gal tanks set ups (no stands - I have wire racks in the classroom).

I have enough gravel and crushed coral for their tanks. I have my own personal 70 gal saltwater tank in the classroom to give the kids starter water and live rock to get their saltwater tanks going. I should have enough plastic plants and decorations.

It would be a great help if anyone had extra supplies that they do not want, especially for 30 gal tanks such as lights, hoods, and undergravel filter plates or even extra powerheads, filters, or decorations, we would certainly appreciate it.

I have pictures of last year’s tanks I can email to anyone interested to show you our classroom. I am not sure how to add pictures here.

If you make a donation, I will give a donation receipt from the school for your taxes

Thank you
    Gina Disteldorf
    Spring Woods High School
    http://swh.springbranchisd.com/Facul...0/Default.aspx

did you ever sell that 125g with the cichlids
    34g Neo Nano Mixed Reef

And you guys thought I was done,I'm just getting started
    ~Macon Fish Look Easy~

Comment

No, ended up keeping it in the classroom.

Comment

nice i got my beardie like i said i was going to and gave him my 125g lol
        34g Neo Nano Mixed Reef

And you guys thought I was done,I'm just getting started
        ~Macon Fish Look Easy~

Comment

Working...
        X