This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunshine Peacocks and Other Africans For Sale

Yeah me too. This is my first post. Can you tell the sex of the sunshine at 3 inches? And if so how much would you sell them for?

Comment

You should be able to at 3".....if not coloring up, you should start seeing the dorsal fin coming to a point at the back.  Not really sure how much I would sell the fry for.  Going to set up my nursery tanks today.  Found an Electric Blue, Chipoka Female, Lg. Sunshine, and smaller Sunshine all holding after last night's tank inspections.  Would anyone be interested in the Electric Blue fry.  I have two 10 gallon tanks and I am going to section them off so I will only have 4 spots for expecting mommies....LOL.

Comment

If the electric blue was about 3 inches, and if it was a female. The one I have right now has some blue on him, but he is like 3 inches already. So I can't tell if it's a male or female. When I first picked him out he had the most blue, but he hasn't got anymore blue since I got him So I can't tell the sex.

Comment

Females will not have any blue, so you got yourself a male.  What else is in the tank with him?  If there is another male peacock that is really dominant, the electric blue may not color up so good.

Raul
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

Your gonna laugh when I tell you what's in my tank lol. Ok I've got the electric blue, convict, I believe a male and female green terror, a jack dempsey, an oscar, a firemouth, a demonsoni ( or however you spell it ), a jewel, and a albino pleco. :-)

Comment

My guess would be your Green Terror or Oscar that is king of the tank.  

If you take an adult Electric Blue and put him in another tank where he is not dominant, it would not matter because he will stay blue.  The younger ones can show blue, but lose it due to a more dominant male.  This has been my experience anyways.

Oh, and I'm not laughing, I think it is great.  I love South Americans and even still have some.  I have mostly transitioned to Africans because they don't get as big.  

Raul
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

Nah my electric blue is the king. He goes up to everybody to fight and they all back up, and don't want a piece of him lol. He was chasing everything last night, and my brother was like man that fish is gangster. His name is now Gangsta lol.

Comment

I'm telling you, you just can't go anywhere these days without having to watch out for the gangsta's.

What a life huh?

CF.....That's Fan to you Justin.....
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I wish I had a green terror that was the dominant male in the tank. The green terrors and the oscars are the sorry ones in my tank. Actaully I have a jewel cichlid that I don't like at all. I don't know why I just don't like it. If anyone wants to trade some kind of cichlid for it, then let me know what kind and size.

Comment

how big is it?...i have a black belt convict that's about 3 inches big...he's got red tint on his tail.....and of course the black belt across him.....why do you not like the jewel?....

fishlady.....

Comment

I would say the jewel is 4 and a half inches. I don't know why I don't him/her, I just don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X