Plants- swords to moss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Plants- swords to moss!

I'm looking for some plants to fill out my Fahaka tank, and I'd much prefer to get them from a home where they are well taken care of and identified correctly. Anybody in my area (Spring/Woodlands/Northside) have extras to sell or gift me? I'm hoping for any of the following:
    Anubias, any kind
    Echinodorus (swords), any kind of mid- or tall variety
    Cryptocoryne parva, or something similar like sagittaria subulata (dwarf sag), echinodorus tenellus (pygmy chain sword)
    Fissidens fontanus (phoenix moss)
    and I could always use some more christmas or java moss...we've got tons in our other planted tank, but LOADS of assassin snails in there, so I am wary about hitch hiking them into the Puffer tank and would prefer to start fresh!

I don't have too much interesting to offer for trade- assassin snails, anyone? Lol. But I have cash and gratitude...! Thanks!

UPDATE____ Got some swords.
    Last edited by LooksLater; 02-16-2012, 06:15 PM. Reason: Update
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

I would go fake over live. Three puffer will tear up the plants and pull them up.

Comment

I have lots of extra java moss but I live kinda far

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
        I would go fake over live. Three puffer will tear up the plants and pull them up.
        yeeeah... I'm not big on fake plants. They won't help me keep nitrates down, either. I've seen a few nicely planted fahaka tanks, I'm guessing it's like a lot of things, depends on the puffer. Do you have one that tears up plants? I'm just thinking it's worth a shot. I can always take 'em out, but if I don't try I'll never know!
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by AquaticAddict View Post
          I have lots of extra java moss but I live kinda far
          Are you planning on going to the tank tour?

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
            Are you planning on going to the tank tour?
            I wish I could, Ive got so many home improvement projects going on right now Ive been real busy lately but if something changes Ill let ya know

Comment

Originally posted by AquaticAddict View Post
              I wish I could, Ive got so many home improvement projects going on right now Ive been real busy lately but if something changes Ill let ya know
              Sure thing. We are planning on going camping up there sometime in the near future, we can always try to make a swap then if you still have some.

Comment

Sounds good just let me know I need some assasins!

Comment

Done. We've got an assassin snow globe in there...!

Comment

Working...
                  X