Wanted 54g or larger Corner tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Wanted 54g or larger Corner tank

Looking for a bowfront reef ready corner tank and stand up to 100g.

I saw one listed on the Woodlands Online Classifieds. Not sure exactly what they wanted, but remember it was reef ready...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

wow! 500 bucks for a 54! i've got one sitting i'm waiting to fix up for precisely that reason, they're bloody rare and for some reason demand a ridiculous premium!

Comment

this one has been posted a few times, don't know if he ever shifted it, but if it's 500 for a 54...600 for this 92 with the gorgeous stainless steel stand seems like a bargain....then again, it only seems like a bargain because whoever it is with the 54 is trying to rob someone...

Comment

Yea. The 92 SS tank is nice.

Comment

$500 is a bit high for the 54 considering the pet store by my house has the same reef ready tank and stand for $500 brand new.

Comment

500 new or used is still absolutely ridiculous! I think its because petco and craigslist have spoiled me though, I'm used to paying a dollar per gallon so anything else and I get all offended! 10 bucks a gallon, curved front or no just seems like extortion to me...

Comment

Originally posted by BiGPiNK View Post
                500 new or used is still absolutely ridiculous! I think its because petco and craigslist have spoiled me though, I'm used to paying a dollar per gallon so anything else and I get all offended! 10 bucks a gallon, curved front or no just seems like extortion to me...
                You must be spoiled by craigslist.

I've seen 54 corner tanks that go for way more

$500 is not ridiculous for this type of tank

But then again you must be newb

Comment

Wow, that came off a little personal...but hey no beef mate, I actually have a 54 corner like I said, but I did NOT pay 500 for it! As for the newb comment, mate, I could have been doing this 15 years and the way aquatics works, i'd still be a newb to certain things, so I'll try not to take that too personal ;-) I would personally say the guy who blindly pays list for an aquarium is the technical newb, but hey horses for courses mate!

Comment

I say new because your comments don't make sense. You can't apply the $ per gallon to everything. Especially on custom Aquariums. Look up an Elos mini and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

I wasn't trying to mate, like I said, I know petco has spolied me, I'm not saying the prices are wrong, I'm just saying there's a little bit of me that balks at those prices and it's all petcos fault! The 54 was never custom though, it was a "standard" (I use the term with caution, I know its no standard four by two tank, but you also didn't have to special order it from aqueon/oceanic) and I think the first point still holds true, if I can pick up the 92 with that gorgeous steel stand for 600, why on earth would I pay 5/6ths of that for the 54 (once again, I'm not saying 600 is a standard price, but in this one particular situation, the 92 just seems like 100% better value)

Comment

You did not use caution when saying the person was robbing another for charging $500 for a 54.

You spoke without knowing anything about it.

To prove my point. I will show you a 54 gallon corner. And if you can find an aquarium company that sells it for $500 ill give you $500 cash
                        to

Comment

my point stands, when i purchased mine, i told the guy 350 was FAIR price for a perfect used tank, and you know what else?? i walked out paying even less than that! you can keep the 500 mate, it IS robbery. anyway....moving on (if he wants to pay it, thats his choice, i just thought i would try to HELP and save the guy some money, rather than just telling him, nope, you're gonna have to pay through the nose for it).

Comment

Can you post a picture of your 54 if its not to much to ask.

Comment

There you go mate, am i ALLOWED to talk as if i know what i'm talking about now???
                              now can i ask you a question...i don't suppose it's you that's trying to sell the other one?? you seem to be taking this awfully personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X