Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEY FishBox... I want something.. please read :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gardentank View Post
    I just called them and guess what? They don't sell plants yet
    Please don't tell stories, I can call now and I'm sure Mike would have something in the stock room to offer.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

and even if they wont sell YOU plants I listed more than one.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally Posted by gardentankI just called them and guess what? They don't sell plants yet
        Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
        Please don't tell stories, I can call now and I'm sure Mike would have something in the stock room to offer.
        The discrepancy is of course is that they are not yet set up for bricks and mortar retail. I'm sure Ek is well known to them and would hook him up before they would someone cold calling them. I'm also pretty sure they obtain plants all the time to set up custom high end planted tanks for their customers. So you are both correct on that one.
        While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

Petsmart carries the the boxed version of some really nice foreground plants
          Petco gets in nice patches of HC
          Houston Aquatics has some really nice anubias
          FishGallery sells some high light plants grown by locals and they bring in some really nice potted plants (where I got my crypt parva)
          FishRanch, well you said they don't count since you supply them.
          CanRTropical brought in a ton of really nice plants and at the cost he had listed you could buy a nice tank worth with the change in your car
          CityPets has a few here and there on occasion, actually go there soon since they got in a bunch of nice plants... guess from who! )
          HAAPS has monthly meetings and the hardcore plant enthusiast are there, pay the small membership dues and you will have access to some of the nicest plants known to man! Not just this city.
          ADG does display tanks, they bring in plants, guess who buys these plants when they bring them in? Houston customers. I don't think I've ever paid for plants from either Senske brothers but that doesn't mean they don't sell them, they just didn't bother to sell them to you.

If you hop on other forums you soon realize that many of the enthusiast of particulars in this hobby don't post on HFB and sale/trade amongst hobbyist is there but just not happening here, this all happens in Houston too. This is how I got my crypt Nurrii.

as stated, if you want to retract your offer just say so.
          Last edited by eklikewhoa; 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yea they normally have nice stuff. Just depends on who you know and if it is going to be used for someones tank they are setting up...
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I have a nice bayou tilapia that would much appreciate the upgrade from a bucket to this tank.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

what is the LFS in question?

Comment

Originally posted by digitallinh View Post
                  I am assuming they meant ADG
                  Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by digitallinh View Post

OP has offered one of his personal tanks to whoever can tell him where to find plants as nice as his within 100miles of houston, and grown submerged.

I've offered a list.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah I didn't think he was really serious, its slightly preposterous to assume you have the nicest plants even within a 10 mile radius.

What is the criteria for quality? Are they growing the same plants? How are you measuring quality? I mean seriously Charles, these 2 threads are pretty pointless. Sell your plants to Tran imo :)

Comment

Thanks for the entertainment though, I didn't really mean to work today anyway.

Comment

That's what I figured too, there are different standards cause IMO a lot of the plants listed are somewhat common plants to me, actually most stem plants I view as common.

I guess charles was getting upset no one wants to buy his plants and got offended and made an offer he can't follow through on. Whenever you're ready for me to pick up the tank Charles, just shoot me a pm.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                          X