This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Your unwanted female guppies

Just like the title states: I want your unwanted female guppies.

I realized a couple weeks ago that I have 4x as many male guppies as female which will lead to stressing my females out. Having made the rounds at the local fish stores over the last 2 weeks with no luck, I'm asking yall.

I'm splitting up my community tank & the guppies are going in their own 50g this weekend.

Anyone on the NW side have any unwanted female guppies you would like a new home for?
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

have you tried ultimate fish or the petsmart in 45 & 1960
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Every time I've called UF it goes to VM. If no one offers any on here, I'll go by there this weekend. Been to 2 PetSmarts & 1 PetCo as well as BB's. Going by BB's again this weekend, it's just down the street. Got the bulk of the guppies I have from there a couple months ago. I was at the 1960 & 45 PetSmart about 2 weeks ago and they had 5. 3 were dead and stuck to the filter. I've found them, I just don't buy them when there's several dead in the tank.

Comment

BB had some guppies when I went yesterday, didn't really take a good look though

Comment

I just got off the phone with him. He says he has a few. Gonna head over there in a few and see what he's got. I didn't even know BBs was there till a few months ago. A friend of mine who is big into SW told me about the LFS he has dealt with for 10 years so we went over to check the place out. The owner is a super nice guy, too. No one on HFB really talks about the place. No news is good news, I suppose! I've had great dealings with him and my friend's recommendation of doing business with him for 10 years was enough to get me started going there. Gonna go see what I can scrounge up.

Comment

Not much people talk about it because most of us are into freshwater and their freshwater selection is a bit lacking

Comment

Makes sense. Sign outside even says Salt Water. Even though he does have a handful of freshwater species he doesn't advertise that he has them.

Comment

Hmmm.. I never saw the sign saying Salt Water, but even then, their sw selection isn't as great either. I've been only about 4 times and each time is kind of depressing. Those ginormous eels are pretty cool to look at though

Comment

It's a neon sign & to be honest, I never noticed it before today. Not sure if it was there before or if I just didn't pay attention, it was to the left of the door. He does have some amazing eels! Those things are freekaaaaay!

Comment

been there for years.
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I have a bunch of guppies. and I can supply you with as many female yellow snakeskin guppies as you want. But I'm SW. Still if you want some just let me know.
                      Guppies:
                      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

i raise about 25 different strains og guppies if you dont find enough p m me

Comment

Thanks, yall. Think I'm good for now, so closing this thread. Thanks to a couple of wonderful boxers my ratio is back to what it should be & my females are finally getting a good nights sleep. Thanks to all who offered!

Comment

Working...
                          X