This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Peacock Bass

Anybody seen any peacock bass around or have any that they would like to sell?  I am looking for any non-monoculus or non-temensis species (I am trying to get different species together and already have the previously mentioned).  Ocellaris should be fairly common, but I haven't seen them, though they are indistinguishable from monos when young.  Most stores tend to not label and don't always get the info from their distributor, so if you are unsure yourself or just saw a generic bass anywhere in the area let me know where it was at.  It might be mono or oce,, who knows, but I will raise it to find out.  Thanks for the help.  Anybody who finds me an azul or any other rare peacock in the area (highly unlikely, but since I am writing this up anyway...) can pretty much make their personal fish assistant for a day or something like that...lol.

Re: Wanted: Peacock Bass

Fish Ranch had one a couple of weeks ago. No idea what type.

Comment

CITY PETS, I think thats the name off of 1960 and I-45 behind the pool hall on the west side had about 4-5. Dont no which kind

Comment

And there is a shop on 249 between antoine and bammel, I think I seen some in there a week ago...might wanna check that one out too.  Sorry, I'm not sure of the name of the store, but I think it's something like 249 tropical fish n pets.??

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Yeah 249 tropical.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

in search of the almight azul huh... good luck with that one man. thats the one im missin too.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.  This is one reason I really like this forum.  I can get advice from everywhere all around the city without having to call (and usually have nobody answer the phone because they are busy helping customers) and drive around the city trying to find places.  It does however look like I am going to have to go to the Northern parts of the city though huh.  I live near the medical center and usually like to hit the Bellaire and 59 area stores because I don't have to go far.  Sounds like it is time to make a trip.  Haha, I just realized I am acting like it is a long journey or something; I just moved back to Houston and haven't re-adjusted to living in a large city again.  Anyway, thanks for helping me out here.

Fishingaddict, I talked to Mike at Mike's Tropical Fish recently, and he said that he was trying to get 9 different species of bass for his collection, so he expects to get some of the rarer kinds at some point.  I don't know when that will be, but I am awaiting his search and hoping there are some left for those of us who enjoy these fish.

Comment

i have an orino and mono.. i have yet to see any orinos around houston. i got it from a cousin who used to own a fish store.  ive never seen tems either until i met mike... but findin an azul is a long shot.

Comment

Working...
                X