This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish for sell

I am getting out of the fresh water side of the hobby. I have 4 fish I would like to sell. A pleco, albino rainbow shark, a spotted fish that I don't know what it is, and a small brown fish that's about an inch long. I've had the brown one for 5 years. I can't get a pic of the small brown fish because he hides ALL the time. The black spotted fish is special, meaning I think it's blind 8). If it had a hole to hide in it would go there and stay. I had to break apart a plastic ornament one time to get it out because I was moving. There have been times when it was floating around the tank and I thought for sure it was dead. But as soon as I poked it, it swam away. I've had it over 3 years and it's still alive.

I'll take $20 for all 4. Or $5 for the Albino, $10 for the Pleco, $5 for Spot and $3 for the brown one.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.
    My Gallery

Re: Fish for sell

I don't have a reason to drive out towards Katy, but maybe I can have a friend of mine pick them up for me, he owes me favor. I especially would like to have the Albino Shark and the Angelicus Syno, and the mystery small brown fish.

If someone else wants to come get them, I understand how it goes. I'll chat with my friend in Katy about this, and get back to you.

Thanks

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I may be interested.  What size are the fish?

Comment

fyi, the spotted one is a spotted raphael cat.  I have one too that I never see.  They are just very non-social fish - probably not blind.  I sometimes see mine if I feed the fish, then wait 15 minutes, then drop some shrimp pellets in and turn out the lights.  Very much a night fish.
        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I thought that it was a Angelicus Synodontis Cat...but now that I look closer at the back, I can see the ridged backbone ...good eye spot.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I got a pm last night and will see if the deal goes through. If not I will let you all know.

Thanks for telling me what the spotted fish is. I feel better knowing that it is a nocturnal fish and not blind! I don't have a real good hiding place for it which explains why it acts the way it does. I don't have aggressive fish so he never gets picked on. I have seen the pleco knock it around before though :)
            My Gallery

Comment

That's fine, no biggie to me.

CF

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan";p="
                That's fine, no biggie to me.

CF
                If you want to see if your friend is willing to get them for you let me know. It is first come first served. I will leave all options open.

Thanks,
                John Long
                My Gallery

Comment

Glad I could help - I recognized the raphael because I've had a couple myself.
                  My raphaels were pretty darn tough.  They'd get up in a hole in a log or something and I'd spend 30 minutes shaking the crap out of it to try to get them out when I was rescaping. Their bodies are so rough, prickly, and scratchy they feel like they're made of plastic.  No amount of poking, prodding, dunking or shaking would get them out if they didn't want out though. Then they'd start barking at me!  Finally I'd have to put the whole thing in a bucket of water and if I saw them out, quickly snatch up the log.  When out cruising around, they have interesting personalities, although it was mostly a greedy piggish one.  Both of them were quite "rotund"  Still were fun to watch tho.  Since they kept fighting over the same chunk of wood, I finally gave one to my bro-in-law.

Comment

Well, whoever gets the brown one, try to take a picture before it goes into your tank! I'm a bit curious.  :)
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The spotted raphael cat is sold.

The brown fish is a Skunk Loach
                      The Skunk Loach is a handsome little loach, often not reaching more than a couple of inches, but it can be feisty! The Skunk Loach Yasuhikotakia morleti is one of the smaller of the Botias. It is quite pretty and easily distinguished from all others. It is also known as Hora’s Loach, Skunk Botia Loach, […]

Let me know on the other fish.
                      My Gallery

Comment

Bump. Make me an offer! I will around Houston this weekend, I might go to the drag races, so I could meet somewhere. I would really like to have these gone this weekend.

Thanks.
                        My Gallery

Comment

Final bump. It's off to the pet store Tuesday...
                          My Gallery

Comment

so what fish are left?

I'd be interested in the loach...

Comment

The loach, albino, and pleco.
                              My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X