This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 free goldfish to GOOD home

I have 4 beautiful goldfish that need a new home. They were used in my science fair project for testing goldfish memory through a color maze. So they are trained to reconize blue =] I'm now happy to say that my project is going all the way to state! And I couldn't be prouder of these little guys.  :love: But now I know they can't be moved to a bigger tank and these little winners need a good pond or a large tank if possible. Feeders are NOT an option just pm me anytime thanks!
    Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

Re: 4 free goldfish to GOOD home

what size, and what kind of goldfish are this, there is males and  females?
    pic?

Comment

I have a goldfish pond - with an assortment of goldfish, some minnows and some black saltys in it.  If you still need a home for them, I can certainly add them to the group.
      The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
      Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

villa1973, do you want their pedigree too?!

Comment

no i just wanted to know , because i have some ryukins and we are very close to the breeding season, and i like to  have some other variety of them.
          anyway cameo, i see that somehow this seem to trouble you

Comment

Ack!  C'mon guys - lets not get outta shape over this - there are bigger and better troubles in the world to be concerned over.
            :)

If I were specifically into fancy goldfish breeding, I'd have probably asked the same questions as villa.  Goldfish get just as specialized as Koi, Bettas, Guppies and other "Show Fish" so I can understand when someone is searching for specific types, ages, colorations, etc...  Plus if I have to spend 20-30$ in gas to get something, (which kinda steals away from the "free" part), I'd wanna  know that it's something I really do want and am capable of properly taking care of.  Not to mention that some goldfish cannot be kept in ponds year round, so it may be an inquiry to make sure they're something one is able to properly house them further down the road.  

In a sense, one may think it's rude to ask details for something being offered for free, but imagine you're looking for a dog for your 2yr old and someone has a "free dog".  Certainly you'd at least ask what breed, how large and what temperment they have right?  

In the same sense, when you're giving something away, you also might have concerns to the one taking it - how they plan to care for it, their housing for it, the attention it will receive, etc...

I'm one of those generic collectors.  Some of my goldies came from a buddy of mine's spawn, others were saved from the petco feeder tank, and still others hitchiked in as eggs on plants.

Comment

Sorry for the late responce, I've been busy =]

These goldfish are common goldfish from the large petco feeder tank. I am not a goldfish expert so I'm sorry if I sound like a newbie :wink:  I'm not exactly sure of their gender, etc, but I may be able to post some pics. Also it's pick-up only for these little guys =]
              Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

Comment

I have a nice 140 they can go in....  

Comment

Is that a Cichlid tank?

Comment

Worse than Cichlids.

Its a Fahaka tank.

Comment

ok, thank you aquashelle. spot they are all yours, and thnak you for the explanation wich is very clear, and excellent,bye bye

Comment

I wanna know more details on how they did the maze thing??  Maybe they should have a special tank or pond so they can take their talent to a higher level  :)

Comment

would they get along with my cichla????

Comment

Working...
                          X