This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mangroves

I have some Mangroves that need to go they can be used in your aquarium, pond or landscape.

6-11"
    Budding and rooting

$1 each

Info on Mangroves:
    Fruit, fragrant, and flowering trees for home and backyard. Rare, exotic and unusual tropical plants for sale online. Call 1-866-897-7957 to buy live plants. Rare plants for sale. Buy unusual flowers, plants for garden and home. Over 5000 plants. Photos. Videos. Educational information. Online store of tropical exotic plants. Visit our Garden Center in Fort Myers, Florida or Sebring, Florida, or shop online.

Actual Mangroves I have:

Re: Mangroves

so these are freshwater plants??
    can they be fully submerged under water??

Comment

If you click on the link above it gives the information but here is a quote from there:

"Red mangroves have the ability to replace sodium ions, which are present in salt water, with magnesium ions. If you have a salt water tank, it is recommended to look after the level of magnesium present in your aquarium, the plants can consume it quite fast. When level of magnesium ions is low, mangrove couldn't replace sodium ions. The plants during that time are in condition of stress, the leaves become yellow and rough. In my aquarium with mudskippers, where the water is somewhere in between salt and fresh (brackish), I regularly add magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt) which can be found in a drug store. If you grow mangroves in freshwater you don't have worry about anything"

You can submerge them in freshwater but not in saltwater but it might be best to have the leaves outside, what i do is stick them through some styrofoam and float them so the roots can grow out but they will grow a little slower that way if you put them directly on the tank bed they will grow much faster, but to get the benefits from the Mangrove you need the roots to be exposed because they are what do the work.

Comment

karlo is good peoples to deal with!

I bought a bunch not too long ago and got some for fshfrk too. We both are running these in fw setups but they cannot be fully submerged. Also there is a transistion they need to go through seeing as though they are sw right now.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

looks like it will be great for my brackish tank...

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I wonder if they will removes nitrates by placing them in my sumps?
              150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
              125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
              115G Tanganyikan

Comment

That's where i have them and most everybody puts them in there just don't place them near a pump so the roots won't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by algarciajr View Post
                  I wonder if they will removes nitrates by placing them in my sumps?
                  That's where I have mine...
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Just read the info on the link. I would like to have several(enough for 3 sumps) just not sure when I will be in SE Houston. I am in NW Houston.
                    115G Tanganyikan

Comment

I work close to downtown so we can always meet somewhere and I was in that area last night.

Comment

I work off of I-10 and Park Ten Blvd. When and what times would you be available? I would like 10 of them.
                        Last edited by algarciajr; 01-22-2009, 04:30 PM.
                        115G Tanganyikan

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                          X