This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB driftwood, fake plants

I'm looking for a large or a couple of larger pieces of driftwood and decent looking fake plants.
    Karen

try the fake plants at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar View Post
      try the fake plants at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
      If you go that route, which I've done, its best if you bleach them.
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by rrocket2002 View Post
        If you go that route, which I've done, its best if you bleach them.
        Pour bleach directly on them or in a bleach solution?
        Karen

Comment

dw

i have tons of realistic fake plants that are made for fish tanks so no bleaching is required. i also have drift wood and several other fresh water decorations. i will post pictures of every thing some time today.

Comment

Hi James, if its not too much trouble can you please post the size of the plants and wood too? Thank you!!
            Karen

Comment

Originally posted by thekarens View Post
              Pour bleach directly on them or in a bleach solution?

I use a big bucket and fill with warm water and a couple of tablespoons of bleach.

Let the fake plants soak for about an hour

Rinse very well

fill a bucket up with water and dechorinator, couple of tablespoons and soak for at least an hour or two.

Then rinse again.

If you don't do this then your water will turn green or dark.

I would not suggest buying any that have any exposed metal.
              Raul
              PokerFace

Comment

wood

the wood varies in size from 12" to 30" this is a picture of the wood that is for sale. the plants in this tank are some of what i have available the size range from 2" to 10". i will take $50 for all the wood and i will need to see what plants i have and i will post pic's and price of the plants later.
                Last edited by james; 04-17-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Yea i agree on the Michaels or Hobby Lobby. They also have lots of plants that are rubbery and look like things ment for the aquarium... plus you wont need to bleach the color out of those.

Comment

plants

here are a few pic's of some rocks and caves i have for sale as well as the plants. i will take $20 for the rocks and caves and $15 for the plants. or take it all for $75 , if you buy all the wood , rocks/caves , and plants i will throw in about 30 pounds of slate and lava rock as well.
                    Last edited by james; 04-17-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

have to agree on Michaels ... we walked over to the one on westheimer earlier to get the dog out and spent 30 bucks on plants. a tad bit pricier than I expected but wanted to burn some excess cash. you can pick up the aquarium silicone at walmart in the hardware section for 3.27 a tube..

Comment

Working...
                      X