Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saltwater Shrimp @ Galveston Beach All over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltwater Shrimp @ Galveston Beach All over.

Yesterday took my kids to Galveston beach (13th mile road) and when I was building sand castle with my kids found a bunch of yellow shrimp struck in the pit. And then later I found seagull was all over chasing those shrimp. There was lots of seaweed near the shoreline. When the wave comes and all the shrimp struck in the seaweed and stays in the shore. We just run around and remove the Seaweed and collected 50+ shrimp yellow, red and black tiger. most of them are half inch and some one inch. Shrimps are very dense color.

Someone can add to their saltwater collection. Good Luck.
    55 Gal Planted Tank
    20 Gal Plant Growing Tank
    14 Gal Bio Cube Plant Tank (Iwagumi Style)

Where is 13 mile road?
    I'm going to google it.
    I have a galveston tank running.
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Think these are sargassum shrimp
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I saw the sargassum shrimp last time I went along with a sargassum pipefish, angler, a few crabs, a porcilen crab, a blue/red anemone which I can assume is a rock anemone, and ton of fish I wasn't able to catch and identify but I'm sure I saw some small clowns from the looks of it. didn't find any peppermints or anything or black shrimp so I will surely go to this place to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
            I saw the sargassum shrimp last time I went along with a sargassum pipefish, angler, a few crabs, a porcilen crab, a blue/red anemone which I can assume is a rock anemone, and ton of fish I wasn't able to catch and identify but I'm sure I saw some small clowns from the looks of it. didn't find any peppermints or anything or black shrimp so I will surely go to this place to check it out.
            Where was this exactly?

Comment

It's one of the paid parking places forgot te exact name of the beach but the jettie is right next to the entrance practically. I'll try to get a name by this evening.

Comment

Clown fish in the Gulf? Hadn't heard of that one.

Comment

i found an angler of some sort in that stuff before, and crabs galore. a dolphinologist friend of mine then brought up that those small crabs love to hide anywhere they can. ANYWHERE! i havent experienced anything like that before and i dont intend to so i stay clear of the seaweed lol.
                  75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                  28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                  12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                  29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                  45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                  33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by decal View Post
                    Clown fish in the Gulf? Hadn't heard of that one.
                    They looked like them. For all I k kw they could have been striped damsels with the lighting hitting them differently distorting their colors

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
                      i found an angler of some sort in that stuff before, and crabs galore. a dolphinologist friend of mine then brought up that those small crabs love to hide anywhere they can. ANYWHERE! i havent experienced anything like that before and i dont intend to so i stay clear of the seaweed lol.
                      I've been wanting to snag an angler again. Last few times I've went I manage to catch one every time but I never have my collecting gear. I do need a bigger net, new bubbler ect. Any other choice equipment that I can find handy?

Comment

st. luis pass was where I caught a few sargassum anglers and sgt major damsels
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

sounds like an interesting adventure either way

Comment

Working...
                          X