Free Wild Caught Texas Cichlid Juvies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Wild Caught Texas Cichlid Juvies

I have 4 texas cichlid juvies if any one wants them. And yes this is perfectly legal as long as they are not sold.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

30 gallon
    : 15 lambchop rasbora , apistogramma cacatuoides (orange) pair, pearl guorami, sterbai cory cat, siamese algae eater, ottos, bristlenose pleco, snails, and lots of plants.

I would love them but Im busy this weekend(Again). Ill find a way if no one else wants them.

200 - African cichlids
    72 - Salty Bow Front
    33 Cube - community
    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I'll take them. How big?

Originally posted by Numero111 View Post
      I have 4 texas cichlid juvies if any one wants them. And yes this is perfectly legal as long as they are not sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Numero111 View Post
        Junior game warden and the Cereal box detective have been pretty quiet lately...
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by TheLorax View Post
          I'll take them. How big?
          Epic drive for free juvies

Comment

Yeah, it is a bit far...and I might only have room for a couple, depends on their size. Any pics?

Comment

Random general question, is it legal to sell fry of wild caught fish? I've been trying to catch some longear sunfish with no success so far.

Comment

Think it's illegal to sell any fish that is on the list posted in the fish basics sub-forum.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Random general question, is it legal to sell fry of wild caught fish? I've been trying to catch some longear sunfish with no success so far.
                  It is indeed illegal to sell or trade wild caught fish. Try bayous and brazos river. Caught some longear sunfish in a bayou before

Comment

Considered a bait fish I would say. As teenagers we would sell perch to the resevoir for catfish bait.

Pick these up and Ill take what you dont want in a few days.

200 - African cichlids
                    72 - Salty Bow Front
                    33 Cube - community
                    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I know wild caught fish are illegal to buy or sell, I was just wondering about their fry if you breed them. It's not a big deal, I might never get them to breed, and that's if I manage to catch any. And I only saw a list about exotic/banned species which doesn't include sunfish.

Comment

I don't think it has much to do with wild caught/ tank bred/ etc. more so about being a banned or protected species, mostly.

Think these are only restricted by law with method of acquisition.
                        Last edited by eklikewhoa; 08-01-2012, 11:21 PM.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Neither the texas cichlid or sunfish has a statewide bag limit or minimum length. Provided they arent caught in those certain areas that are banned there would be no law against the sale of either.

08/02/12 - 18:45
                          I was wrong about the sale of non-game fish caught from public waters. I am still searching for info on private waters though. Such as the fish from our land.(3 acres of swamp)
                          Last edited by BrAin; 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM. Reason: was misinformed but I read the laws more

200 - African cichlids
                          72 - Salty Bow Front
                          33 Cube - community
                          10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I'm almost 100% sure longears are not a protected species. And wild caught fish are illegal to sell, regardless of species, you can only give them away. I'm guessing this is so people don't make a business out of it and purposely harvest a ton of fish. To me though, it would seem logical that you could sell their fry, since those are not technically wild caught, as long as the fish is not banned, in which case it would be illegal to possess it in the first place. But I don't know what the law officially says about that.

Comment

Hmm, so you can sell them if there is no bag limit? I have been told you can't, but I don't know.

...Whoa, why does it say "What is this...FISH you speak of?" under my avatar, I never wrote that

Comment

Working...
                              X