X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free to good home...

Someone picked them up. Thanks
    Last edited by Ladeia3; 01-25-2016, 12:35 PM. Reason: \taken

You might want to keep the pleco for a while. He will grow large but they don't grow very fast at all. It will be a long time before he gets too big for your tank. The pictus cat is a cool catfish but if he is eating your tetras I guess he has to go! Stick with the hobby. It gets to be more fun as you learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken B View Post
      You might want to keep the pleco for a while. He will grow large but they don't grow very fast at all. It will be a long time before he gets too big for your tank. The pictus cat is a cool catfish but if he is eating your tetras I guess he has to go! Stick with the hobby. It gets to be more fun as you learn more.
      Thanks... not going anywhere... I've already arranged to buy at least one more tank. Once my tax refund is here, I plan to get more. I may try a BN pleco after I finish stocking my tank with what I want in there. I just got tired of being told I need to get rid of him now. Hopefully he's enjoying his new home.

On another note... I'm apparently becoming addicted to corys. I'm already planning my next tank with them in mind. lol

Comment

Agreed with Ken.
        010G Long fin BN grow-out
        020G Electric blue, Red Fin Borleye FOR SALE
        020G Leulepi grow-out
        020G Leulepi, Julidochromis, chalinochromis, BN breeder
        030G Leulepi breeder
        030G SRD FlowerHorn
        040G Hongi Sweden breeder
        090G Tangs community
        100G Tangs community
        150G Cyphos Moba & Leulepi

Comment

When I was in the fish wholesale business many years ago, we called the pictus cats "garbage cats". They eat anything and get big. As they get bigger, they also lose their coloration......other than that they are ideal!!!

Mike

Comment

I liked him... until he ate my neon tetras.... and then I was warned that he was a danger to my corys and nerite snails and I had to decide who I liked better.

If I had another tank set up and cycled I would have just moved him but I'm still working on getting other tanks set up and running so for now it was better for him to go to a new home. Maybe in the future depending on what kind of fish I want I might get another one. I'll just make sure to research compatibility more.

Comment

As a rule for all fish. If it will fit in their mouth, They will eat it.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Unless it is a whale shark...

Mike

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                As a rule for all fish. If it will fit in their mouth, They will eat it.

Comment

Working...
                X