price for adult synodontis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price for adult synodontis?

Question. I have 2 adult synos to sell for a friend. I hsve no idea what a good price is for these guys? Any ideas? Thanks!
    Thanks so much,
    Lydia
    409-499-1279

What species? Some are sought after while others actually diminish in value, just depends on what you have
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Post a pic... depends on species and size

Comment

Ok.
        7" decorus.
        8+" eupterus.
        6-7" batensola.

I have to admit Ive gotten attached to these guys now and will have a hard time parting with them-especially the decorus and batensola. But will need to pay my friend a fair price regardless.

Appreciate the help-Im not familiar with these guys.
        Thanks so much,
        Lydia
        409-499-1279

Comment

I would say that prices vary quite a bit from a retailer to a person wanting to find them homes, I'd suggest 1/3-1/2 retail Synodontis decorus (WC 5-6" - $90.00) ($30 fair price) Synodontis Eupterus ($10-15/ quite common, very common) ($5 fair price) Brachysynodontis batensoda (WC 2" - $25, likely $50-75 at current size)($25 fair price)
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

Thanks so much for the help. I think I'm going to keep them. Very cool fish. Havent had time to research alot, will they eat small fry?
            Thanks so much,
            Lydia
            409-499-1279

Comment

Many will, but none of these are true cuckoo Synodontis such as Multipunctus or Pollis. All of these are riverine species from Africa, so will likely only steal/eat fry if the opportunity presents itself. There are some great articles/species profiles over at catfish planet or scotcat. Very cool collection of interesting synodontis overall. Only the Eupterus have been bred in captivity, so adding to the collection and focusing upon one in particular might yield some very lucrative results or at least some acclaim. I would suggest following a similar logic/technique for breeding the Petricola in a larger scale and with a bit softer water.
              Desiderius Erasmus
              GHAC President

Comment

Yes the lil buggers will eat fry!! Ate a whole bunch if my Moshi fry. Costly error, one I won't be making again.

Comment

Yikes. I really like them, but ALL my tanks have fry. Mostly older, but some I let spit. Hmm may have to rethink some things.
                  Thanks so much,
                  Lydia
                  409-499-1279

Comment

Working...
                  X