Silicone Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone Question.

Well i noticed my silicone in my 100 gal is pretty beat up and would like to replace it before something BAD happens.. my question is..

When i replace my silicone Where can i find black silicone for it instead of the normal clear and what is the name of it??

Thanks guys/gals

Jose

nothing?.. ok if i use the normal silicone was it the GE I or GE II that i need to use

thanks
    Jose

Comment

GE 1
      150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
      115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Lowes or Home Depot has aquarium safe silicone.

It's blue and states it on the label.

Comment

GE silicone I is aquarium safe but I prefer the Dow Corning 100% silicone. I find it easier to use but not easier to find. Bohn's Building Materials in Texas City carries it... not sure who else does.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

ACE hardware has black silicone. (at least the one on gessner and westhiemer).
            I don't remember if it is GE or DAP 100% silicone, but i have used both to reseal tanks.
            You shouldn't find any reference to mold or mildew anywhere on the tube. Also, make sure that it comes out smelling like vinegar, not anything else.
            Last edited by nacra99; 01-03-2011, 09:30 AM.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

cool thanks guys

Comment

DAP makes an aquarium silicone. HD doesnt sell it anymore dont know why.
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

HD can order black silicone.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                  X