Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ADA 60P...

Hi everybody
    So I’m the sucker that bought THIS TANK.
    I wanted to run my plan by you guys. I want to do freshwater planted, which I have some experience with (29g low light community). I have already ordered a fishneedit 24” fixture with 2*10000K t5HO bulbs.

Filter: 2213 or 2215? I am leaning towards the 2215 stuffed with media, I don’t think it’ll be too much flow. Any advice on additional media would be appreciated as well.

Substrate: Black fluorite with (hopefully) a thin layer of grey angular gravel on top (I love the look of the onyx grey gravel but chemically it’s obviously not appropriate). I would also consider mixing in other black/grey substrate if it would help with plants.
    CO2: I am petrified about the prospect of CO2. I really would rather avoid it, it’s high cost, high maintenance etc. I want to keep it low tech.

Layout: I am inspired by and envious of all the nice iwagumi-style setups I see, but whether I take that route will depend on what plants I can manage and what rocks I can procure without selling my soul. Will anything form a carpet in these conditions? HC, dwarf grass, mosses? And do you foresee a problem with algae?

Background: I want to do frosted glass, and I’m just going to get a DIY sheet of adhesive from home depot. Any better suggestions?

Livestock: Undecided. I have never done shrimp and am not that interested. I would love to do dwarf puffers, but tankmates are sometimes an issue.
    Let’s hear what you think.

The 2215 would be decent if kept clean.

Ditch the mixing of substrate idea, layers will eventually end up mixed.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The 2215 would be decent if kept clean.

Ditch the mixing of substrate idea, layers will eventually end up mixed.
      +1 on both

Scape, plants, rock livestock, and the way it all goes together is a personal thing. Like art beauty is found in the eyes of the beholder.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Go with a 2217 instead. Fill with eheim media

I also wouldn't mix substrates, as EK indicated they'll tend to blend and become a complete mixture sooner or later.
        30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Working...
        X