Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having fun with fish!

Hi

I joined in March 2012 but haven’t been active until now. So I guess am still a newby now. I have been in the hobby before and decided to get back into it. I am building a fish room in my garage and have a good start. I have a 200 gallon with red severums, green severums, 4 krobius I got from Beto, 4 royal plecos, 2 large common plecos, school of albino corys, a few jewel cichlids and one small green terror. I also have in that tank 3 large synodontis who will be getting a new home shortly. They are too active for the CA/SA tank. But they are awesome fish!
    I also have a 30 with about 35 tropheus, another 30 with 60 assorted peacocks(spectacular looking fry) and another 30 with lf bristlenose. They are cute little guys! And just for fun I have a 30 with bluegill and small mouth bass and a few bullheads I netted out of my pond. I have a 125 I just repaired and I am in the process of setting that one up. Don’t know yet what I will populate it with but I want to do this one with white sand. The 200 has black sand. I also have a 100 gallon I need to repair and then I will set that one up. And somewhere along the line I will set up the other 24 30 gallon tanks I have!
    I am interested mainly in new world cichlids. I have bred oscars and angels before but I don’t want to do oscars or angels this time around. I am going to work with the smaller cichlids like the geophagus, the various acaras, severums, green terrors, red terrors if I can find any. So anybody who has any ca/sa cichlids I might be interested in, let me know. I also love catfish. :)

Welcome back to the Box!
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Welcome, welcome! I like your choice in fish. What kind of trophs are you keeping?

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

What kind of Tropheus?

Thanks! They are mystery Tropheus to me! I attached a few pics. Maybe someone can identify them. Pay no attention to the jewel cichlids mixed in with the tropheus! I am a little weak in African Cichlid knowledge. Just got 3 Blue Acaras today. They are happy in the big tank.

IMG_20141231_132359065.jpgIMG_20141231_132407349.jpgIMG_20141231_132413729.jpg

Thanks!

Comment

They look like young Bemba to me, but could also be Ikola. I've seen crazier things work!

Comment

Originally posted by Austy16414 View Post
            They look like young Bemba to me, but could also be Ikola. I've seen crazier things work!
            Bemba and Ikola look pretty similar. We will know for sure as they mature. Thanks for the id!

Comment

Do they have any orange in them? I have 42 Ikola juvies and a couple are starting to show red spots. Time will tell.
              Last edited by prostreet69camaro; 01-01-2015, 06:23 AM.

Comment

The ones that are coloring up are showing a thick orange band and those seem more aggressive.

Comment

Thick orange band is Bemba. Probably male heavy if you're already seeing aggression

Comment

Working...
                  X